What is this Deere GX 345 worth?

/ What is this Deere GX 345 worth? #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
What would you think something like this should be worth?

I may go have a look.

2002 John Deere GX 345, power steering, 54 deck, 200 hours

Thanks

Yooper Dave

/ What is this Deere GX 345 worth? #2  
I would say something around $5000-$5500 would be fair market value for this machine with this many hours, if it is in good shape. Less than that, you are getting a good deal.

John M

/ What is this Deere GX 345 worth?
He is asking $4,800 or best offer. I may want to add a snowblower or plow in the fututre.

Is this a good tractor series for Deere?

Thanks

Yooper Dave

/ What is this Deere GX 345 worth? #4  
That sounds like it would be a good deal.....depending on the condition. I hope this is a good series. I had problems with an L130 and was happy to rid of that model, but after doing tons of research, and lots of searches...some on this site. I decided to go with the GX335. I just couldn't justify spending the extra money for the liquid colled version, but otherwise the same mower. I can tell you from short term experience....this is one sweet mower. The power steering alone makes it worth the money. It's amazing to me how much easier cutting my yard is and I'm sure adding accessories would be just as nice.

/ What is this Deere GX 345 worth? #5  
Thanks for your comments on the Deere GX series. I would like to consider a Deere for my yard. I want the option to bag and something with great manuverability without quite the expense of a good quality ZTR type mower. I have only looked at the Kubota GR 2000. What I like about the Deeres are the options. I'm curious if the all wheel steer (AWS)models are worth considering. I know when you start getting more sophisticated, so do the inherent problems that always seem to go with that level of advancement.

/ What is this Deere GX 345 worth? #6  
I think this is a very good price, if the machine is in good shape and not overloaded with hours. My Dad has a two year old 335 that has served him well. These are good machines for JD. My father's has the diff lock and that is a nice feature. With tire chains, it would move snow well and has enough power to run the blower or a blade with ease. The frame also serves as a weight carrying bracket, so it is pretty easy to ballast the machine. Some have been turned off by the drive belt, but I have heard little trouble out of it. The tractor is not "belt drive" but the belt merely feeds the transaxle and has proven reliable. I am assuming this model has the differential lock. If it does not, no big deal, but with it a big difference. They mow very well and the hydraulic lift and power steering is good. The engine is good for 1500-2000 hours with average maintenence in most cases.

John M

/ What is this Deere GX 345 worth? #7  
I asked the mechanic at my Deere dealership about AWS. He said that if you need it, great, but if you don't have lots of VERY tight turns to make, the 2WS versions are a better choice. He said to be cautious of used AWS. I have laid out my bed lines so that I have smooth curves and have mulched all my trees out to their drip line, so 2WS works for me.

/ What is this Deere GX 345 worth? #8  
I have a 2000 model 335 (predecessor to the GX335) and it is a real workhorse. Runs a 54" deck in summer and 42" snowthrower in winter, as well as occasional use with a 30" mechanical tiller. The tractor is at 550 hours and running strong. It CAN be thirsty, the 20HP motor uses it's fair share of gas and the tank is not big enough at roughly 3 gallons. I have replaced the mower belts and have serviced the hydro, other than that just annual oil, filter and spark plug changes, and greasing of the zerks 3-4 times a year. Well-built tractor. My only complaint, I have also used a 345 and the water-cooled motor is WAY quieter than the 335's air-cooled motor.

/ What is this Deere GX 345 worth? #9  
Fred,

What is your opinion of the 42" snow thrower on the GX? With all the good deals that Deere has going now to clear out old models in advance of the newly revamped 2006 lineup, I am looking to trade my LT155 up to a GX345 and get the snow thrower for it at the same time. I was at the dealership the other day and the thrower looks a bit puny sitting beside the 2 stage blower for the X series tractors. What is the deepest snow you have blown with yours? I would be grateful to hear any comments positive or negative you have on your setup. Thanks in advance.

Woody

/ What is this Deere GX 345 worth? #10  
Woody,

While waiting on Fred's reply, I may add one thing: when you are getting to the 345 tractor, you are starting to get into the price range of the lower horsepower X series machines. A 465 or 475 would run a larger blower than the 345 and probably for not too much more money. I know my dad's 335GX is a nice machine and it really does well at many things, but it is not an X series. My initial thought is that if snow removal is in your plans, and you have a lot of it, you may want to price an X series at the same time as the GX345 and see how close they can come.

John M