John Deere GT245

/ John Deere GT245 #1  

countrybob1

I'm just about to buy a GT245 with a 54" deck which might be slightly more than I need for my 3.5 acres, but I'm happy with that.
I have not read too many comments on the model and maybe that is a good indication, however before I part with my $$$$$, has anyone got a comment on it?

/ John Deere GT245 #2  
I really like the GT245, I think the GT series are great tractors. They are tough, have good solid hydros on them, are comfortable and last a long time. You won't see many complaints on them, you also don't find too many for sale. I think once people buy them, they tend to keep them.

/ John Deere GT245 #3  
Bob,

Is an Australian acre less than an American acre (?), because if it is not, you certainly are not overbuying. 3.5 acres is a goodly amount for a GT 245 series machine. I think they are really nice machines. The ONLY concern with them is that they are not as heavy as the next step up the 300 series (now the 500 series). My dad has the 335 20 hp Kawi engine and it is nice. It has hydraulic lift and is more heavy duty than the 200 series. That said the 200 series does really well and would make a nice machine for you.

John M

/ John Deere GT245
MrWiggles2 and John M........thank you both for your replies.
Yes I believe an Aussie acre is the same as an American acre (4840 sq yds?). I have 2 gentle slopping acres in the front which I try to keep nice and mow once a week, and a further 1.5 acres in the back which I keep our old retired horse on and mow about every 6 weeks.
A couple of dealers have suggested a LX280 but I think the GT245 is a little more robust and would serve me better in the long term.