JD X485 Fuel thirsty

/ JD X485 Fuel thirsty #1  

inseeme

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040
I have about 72 hours on my x485 and I guess my only really complaint is houw much gas it drinks, do others think that it is fuel thirsty?

/ JD X485 Fuel thirsty #2  
Mine is. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ JD X485 Fuel thirsty #3  
At least your's is fuel injected. The carbureted ones really suck the fuel down.

John M

/ JD X485 Fuel thirsty #4  
My X-575 is a gas hog, wish it was diesel. I will be selling it soon so that worry will be history..

/ JD X485 Fuel thirsty #5  
What is "thirsty"?

For my X595 (diesel) I can run at WOT for one hour and use ~ .7gal.

I have only one complaint about the X595. That darn fuel level indicator is either 3/4 to full or about to run empty. There seems to be no middle (1/2 1/4 etc.)! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ JD X485 Fuel thirsty #6  
The X495 (Diesel) is the way to go. I replaced my 318 with it and I am very happy! I belive this mower will out last a couple mower decks and me.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ JD X485 Fuel thirsty #7  
Yup, have 25 hours on an X585. It drinks a lot of gas. particullay with when PTO is engaged.

Should have bought a 2210, should have bought a 2210,should have bought a 2210,should have bought a 2210,..........

/ JD X485 Fuel thirsty #8  
Guess I'm one of the few that isn't worried about the amount of fuel consumed by my X585. I have a 120' driveway to plow and 1.5 acres to mow. Before you tell me that I could have bought a smaller unit, please understand that I feel Tim Taylor is conservative.

/ JD X485 Fuel thirsty #9  
My LX280 gas mower seems to be thirsty when compared to the things I've done with the bigger and heavier 4100 which is a diesel. Sure makes me think I should have gone with a diesel mower /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ JD X485 Fuel thirsty #10  
Ditto. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had a GX335 with the 20-hp Kawasaki before I got the X, and I was amazed (and alarmed /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) at the amount of fuel it took. Now I can fill up with diesel and mow my 5 acres, then do odd-jobs (hauling with trailer, harrowing) for a week or so before I need to refill.