JD LX188 replacement seat needed

/ JD LX188 replacement seat needed #1  

DK_Farms

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4610 E-hydro 4WD, JD 5525 4WD Cab
Where can I find a replacement seat for a John Deere LX188 lawn tractor? The dealer price is outrageous. I have found 40 places that sell replacement seats but the LX188 seat has a unique mounting arrangement in that it pivots forward at the front and the seat pan mounting hardware is an integral (i.e. welded) part of the seat pan. All the replacement seats I can find use a 4-bolt pattern on the seat pan to mount to the seat support bracket that is already a part of the tractor. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

/ JD LX188 replacement seat needed #2  
   / JD LX188 replacement seat needed #3  
Ask your John Deere dealer if a seat cushion replacement kit is available for your seat. If it is this would be the best way to go. They are pretty easy to install and if available the cost will be about $40.
Ken

/ JD LX188 replacement seat needed
Thanks for the feedback. I searched ebay and couldn't find anything but the original equipment seat that was only a few dollars cheaper than the dealer. The ebay seat you found is exactly what I was looking for. I needed the seat and the safety switch, a dealer total of $195 plus tax. This seat sells for $108, includes the safety switch, and is a better more comfortable seat. I had this same seat on a 318. Thanks again.

I own a JD 777 Z-Trak that cuts circles around the old LX but I just can't bear to part with it. In 14 years of abuse, it has performed almost flawlessly. I can't bear to part with it.

/ JD LX188 replacement seat needed #5  
I know what you mean about the LX188, I just traded my '94 LX188 in on an X320. I love the X320 but I'm not sure that it will be the machine that the LX188 was.

I have never checked the dealer price on the replacement cushion but I have seen them sell on eBay for $50 - $60 so I assume the dealer price would be higher than $40 but I don't know.

Good luck with the seat it looks more comfortable than the original.