Used/Restored John Deere 430 Diesel Garden Tractor

/ Used/Restored John Deere 430 Diesel Garden Tractor #1  

cart99

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030
I don't know anything about the seller, but this looks like such a nice machine that I almost wish I needed it...

John Deere 430 Diesel Garden Tractor

A perfect example of the the old saying "They don't make them like this anymore". This 1984 John Deere 430 garden tractor with 60”shaft driven mowing deck, 3 point hitch and rear PTO is gorgeous and in excellent condition. Many believe this to be the finest garden tractor ever built. It’s getting very difficult to find them in this condition. It has a 20 HP Yanmar diesel engine with only 1355 hours and a Hydrostatic transmission. Tractor has dual front hydraulic ports for use with a hydraulic snow/grading blade or front end loader. With the 3 point hitch and rear PTO it’s completely ready for a garden tiller. This is a serious piece of equipment. All the sheet metal was removed, stripped down to bare metal, primed and repainted. All decals on the fender deck are new. The mowing deck was scraped, wire brushed, primed and repainted. The engine, transmission, steering, brakes, hydraulics, gauges and lights are all in excellent condition. The tractor has a new muffler, battery, universal joints in the drive shaft and a nearly new seat with a tilting spring suspension mount. The 60” mowing deck is extremely heavy gauge and very solid. It should last for another twenty years, but did have some minor surface pitting under the mower deck shields prior to repainting. The mowing deck gear box, bearings, belt and blades are in excellent condition. Note: if you don’t need the 3 point hitch, I can remove it and deduct $300.00. If you don’t need the rear PTO, I can remove it and deduct $600.00.

/ Used/Restored John Deere 430 Diesel Garden Tractor #2  
I've got an '87 with 3600 hours on the little Yanni. Runs like a top:)

/ Used/Restored John Deere 430 Diesel Garden Tractor #3  
I don't know if you're still interested but it's on eBay now. Item number 250036760010. It's already at $3950 with 35 bids, he may end up with more than his CL asking price.

Very nice machine, had I the cash when I saw his posting I would have expended all my willpower to not snatch it up. One downside is that the rear PTO is 2000 rpm, so you'll be limited in the implements you can use with it.

/ Used/Restored John Deere 430 Diesel Garden Tractor #4  
It is a BIG tractor, but is still a garden tractor so probably the 3pt is a cat0. You can put cat0 attachments on a cat1 hitch with bushings but usually can't do the opposite. So another reason you probably wouldn't be able to share implements with a CUT. Also the engine in that puppy is the same as was in my old JD755. That little 54ci motor runs at a very high (for diesel) 3200RPM and 22:1 compression. My dear departed 755 doesn't owe me anything, but was showing serious signs of blow-by at 2500 hrs and it was looking like $2500 to $4000 to fix/replace it. Not saying this 430 wouldn't be a fun tractor to own, just that it has its limitations.

I'm considering finding a slightly used 300 or 400 series JD tractor for my landscaping side business, but am looking only at the gas powered choices due to the significantly lower asking prices. Plus I work with a guy that has rebuilt about 20 different single and twin cylinder gas engines.He told me he'd love to try his skills on a diesel. I said lets find someone else's to practice on!

/ Used/Restored John Deere 430 Diesel Garden Tractor #5  
Not sure I understand this website but is this lawn tractor for sale? If so, what is the asking price? Thanks - J Walston
John Deere 430 Diesel Garden Tractor

A perfect example of the the old saying "They don't make them like this anymore". This 1984 John Deere 430 garden tractor with 60敗haft driven mowing deck, 3 point hitch and rear PTO is gorgeous and in excellent condition. Many believe this to be the finest garden tractor ever built. It痴 getting very difficult to find them in this condition. It has a 20 HP Yanmar diesel engine with only 1355 hours and a Hydrostatic transmission. Tractor has dual front hydraulic ports for use with a hydraulic snow/grading blade or front end loader. With the 3 point hitch and rear PTO it痴 completely ready for a garden tiller. This is a serious piece of equipment. All the sheet metal was removed, stripped down to bare metal, primed and repainted. All decals on the fender deck are new. The mowing deck was scraped, wire brushed, primed and repainted. The engine, transmission, steering, brakes, hydraulics, gauges and lights are all in excellent condition. The tractor has a new muffler, battery, universal joints in the drive shaft and a nearly new seat with a tilting spring suspension mount. The 60 mowing deck is extremely heavy gauge and very solid. It should last for another twenty years, but did have some minor surface pitting under the mower deck shields prior to repainting. The mowing deck gear box, bearings, belt and blades are in excellent condition. Note: if you don稚 need the 3 point hitch, I can remove it and deduct $300.00. If you don稚 need the rear PTO, I can remove it and deduct $600.00.[/QUOTE]

/ Used/Restored John Deere 430 Diesel Garden Tractor #6  
This thread is almost 4 years old..

/ Used/Restored John Deere 430 Diesel Garden Tractor #8  
Hello, I was wondering if this tractor was still available? I'm very interested in something like this. Thank you :) ~J.

/ Used/Restored John Deere 430 Diesel Garden Tractor #9  
After 5 years, I bet it is gone.