JD MCS options

/ JD MCS options #1  

Piedmont

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2520
I have seen a lot of comments regarding the Material Collection System and the difficulty in taking them on and off. I see that Deere now has something called a Hydraulic Dump Power Pak Material Collection System; the marketing guys must have worked overtime to come up with that name. Anyways it appears to be easier to install and remove but A. they want a ton of money for it and B. it looks like it only fits the 3000 series. Has anyone seen one of these at the dealer any feedback either way and has anyone come up with an alternative to the Deere MCS that is available with the 2000 series?

/ JD MCS options #2  
While it appears to have been discontinued, I will mention the MC-519. It is a small manual dump trailer that has a semi-rigid mount to the tractor. Both wheels are on swivels. Where it mounts to the tractor, the trailer has travel up and down, but not side-to-side. It has a canvas cover that makes the capacity 19 bushels. When you dump it, the canvas cover opens up like a clam and the grass dumps out. You're supposed to be able to do it from the seat of an LGT, but I can't get the right angle without getting off the tractor --- no big deal to me. The PowerFlow unit is the same as the one used by the baggers and the hydro dump. I don't think it would be rocket science to figure out how to hook one to the back of a 2xxx -- in fact I am pretty sure there was a mount for the 2210 at one time. I got mine in nearly perfect shape with a PowerFlow unit for my 60" deck for $500.00. That was a particularly good deal, most of them go for 600 - 750. Try Deere's MachineFinder --- that's where I found mine and it was just 90 miles from home.

/ JD MCS options #3  
I've got the MCS and it's not HORRIBLE to take on and off. I can do it myself, but having a second person (even my wife - it's the bulk and not the weight) is infinitely easier. I'm planning on getting something like an engine lift for a multitude of reasons and that would tackle the job nicely I think, but for now I'm stuck with dirt rather than concrete so the engine lift wheels would just sink...

There are also a multitude of tow-behind attachments from third party manufacturers, but at that point I lose the mobility of a MMM. Of course, using a mulching blade is always an option, but I like having a grass pile around to add a little organic material to the soil as needed.

/ JD MCS options #4  
Hey Piedmont : Here is another company to consider . I don't need one yet but I like its design of the blower and tube . Dumping the canister looks like a cinch. Protero Inc

/ JD MCS options #5  
Check out this link to pics of my unit:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/jd-buying-pricing/87586-my-new-2520-hydraulic-dump.html

This is the link to pics of my 2520 with the Hyd. Dump set up. It is slicker than s*!t. JD only lists the 3000 series and up to use this, but fits it the 2520 just fine. I use 5 Quick-tach weigths on the front during use, I also have the extended braket for two more, but never have needed them even with wet leaves. I also had a local JD tech weld on some brackets to make this I-Match compatible. I do not always use the dump system...you can really fly on the 2520 with 72"mmm when just side discharging and get an awesome cut. Far better than my old 430 with 60". It only takes me about 5 minutes to remove both the 200CX and Hyd. dump set-up. Without the dump on I can mow 2.02 Acres in about 50 minutes. With Hyd. dump on I can mow it in about a couple of hours (dumping the hopper about 3 times).

/ JD MCS options
larry8818 said:
Check out this link to pics of my unit:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/jd-buying-pricing/87586-my-new-2520-hydraulic-dump.html

This is the link to pics of my 2520 with the Hyd. Dump set up. It is slicker than s*!t. JD only lists the 3000 series and up to use this, but fits it the 2520 just fine. I use 5 Quick-tach weigths on the front during use, I also have the extended braket for two more, but never have needed them even with wet leaves. I also had a local JD tech weld on some brackets to make this I-Match compatible. I do not always use the dump system...you can really fly on the 2520 with 72"mmm when just side discharging and get an awesome cut. Far better than my old 430 with 60". It only takes me about 5 minutes to remove both the 200CX and Hyd. dump set-up. Without the dump on I can mow 2.02 Acres in about 50 minutes. With Hyd. dump on I can mow it in about a couple of hours (dumping the hopper about 3 times).
Larry that things rocks! This is just the setup I'm looking for.Can you send me or post some additional pics of the modifications that were made to work with the IMatch?

/ JD MCS options #7  
I tried the engine hoist trick with my Hyd dump MCS on the back of my 445 mower. It didn't work as well as I had hoped. I recently built a 12 ft high shelter to store my stuff under. I hung a 2 ton chain hoist from the top plates of the shelter and rigged a rope harness to the MCS. The chain hoist attaches to one point centered by weight in the middle of the MCS. With this arrangement, the MCS is free to swing left of right, forward or backward, and is easily raised or lowered by just fractions of an inch. I'll try to post some pictures later.

/ JD MCS options #8  
Hey Piedmont,

I will get you some more pics of the brackets used to make the Hyd. Dump work with I-match.

I have seen in your profile, it seems you have a 2305? Does that tractor have the option of a front weight bracket extension kit? On the 2305 your giving away 415lbs, just on the base machine. The 72" MMM on my tractor weights 406lbs and combined with the machine totals 2271lbs. Do you know if the 2305 with the 62C is close to this? I'd guess it's around a ton +or- with weights, tractor, MMM, and Hyd. Dump. I just checked the manual for the Hyd. Dump and it states that the unit is 225lbs. Combine that weight, + five 42lbs Quick-Tach weights on the front, + the tractor + mower and it's supposedly 2706lbs + operator. It doesn't handle like it's a ton and a half, and it is every bit as maneuverable as the 430 I had prior. Also remember that by adding the I-match your moving the CG towards the rear of the tractor by 4-5".

/ JD MCS options
larry8818 said:
Hey Piedmont,

I will get you some more pics of the brackets used to make the Hyd. Dump work with I-match.

I have seen in your profile, it seems you have a 2305? Does that tractor have the option of a front weight bracket extension kit? On the 2305 your giving away 415lbs, just on the base machine. The 72" MMM on my tractor weights 406lbs and combined with the machine totals 2271lbs. Do you know if the 2305 with the 62C is close to this? I'd guess it's around a ton +or- with weights, tractor, MMM, and Hyd. Dump. I just checked the manual for the Hyd. Dump and it states that the unit is 225lbs. Combine that weight, + five 42lbs Quick-Tach weights on the front, + the tractor + mower and it's supposedly 2706lbs + operator. It doesn't handle like it's a ton and a half, and it is every bit as maneuverable as the 430 I had prior. Also remember that by adding the I-match your moving the CG towards the rear of the tractor by 4-5".
Looking forward to the pictures. I want to move up to the 2520, I'm looking for more ground clearence which is the other reason I like the looks of the Hyd Dump.

/ JD MCS options
larry8818 said:
Hey Piedmont,

Larry

I wanted to say thank you your post (video) was awesome. My dealer dropped his draw, mine is on order and his guys say making it 3 point capable will be a snap. Last post I saw you said you never needed the addition weight that the would provide, is that still the case? Also anything you would have done differntly?