Backhoe Took The Backhoe off for the first time

/ Took The Backhoe off for the first time #1  

Chris2520

Platinum Member
Well , I took my hoe off for the first time. it was interesting.:)
it was not to hard level it all up pull tractor out. let presure off and reconnect power beyond. not to bad. Now setting the 3 point and I-match up the first time is another story.....:( time consumeing as Crap. getting everything adjusted the first time . I did the zip tie trick on the check chains. got rid of thoses silly rings. my i-match is centered now and nice and tight from left to right. :) my 3 point lever on the tractor is a little tight. i hope it loosens up....:confused: course today is the first time it has ever been moved....:D I got my box blade on a dolly we made. that was nice. just roll it right up to the tractor and pick it up with the i-match. thats the way to go. I got to do some gradeing at my buddies house tomorrow. so we will see how Johnny D likes a different toy on....:)

any tricks to gradeing with box blade i should know about?

Chris...;)

/ Took The Backhoe off for the first time #2  
Chris,

Sounds like you're getting to know that 2520 pretty well! :) With the box blade you're going to have to adjust the top link for the angle of attack. Of course you could always get a hydraulic top link and then everything gets easy! :)

/ Took The Backhoe off for the first time #3  
Chris2520,

The best practice with removing the BH - is to have it sit off the tractor for a day. Thats when the postion of the BH has changed and nothing lines up. You have to connect the hoses (get the machine close enough) in order to re-position the BH. This is when pivoting the subframe mount (up/Down) can be done with the BH bucket or stabilizers. It takes pratice, but once you are comfortable it no longer matters on what surface you drop the BH on, and how long its off...

As for the Box Blade - exactly like JDfanatic said :)

/ Took The Backhoe off for the first time
Yap , i took it off in the garage. rubber feet planted well. so i hope i dont haft to chace it around like someone i know....:D

Right now i got the box blade level at the ground. i figure thats the best place to start. it rained today...:( so we did not get to do anything.
we will give it a try tomorrow....:)

/ Took The Backhoe off for the first time
Got to do a little box blade work at my buddies house . he just had some pines taken down. I was quit the root ripper today.:) I pulled enough roots up today to fill a dump truck. I am learning how to use it better now. if i wanted to just use the scarfs. and rip it up with out gradeing dirt. i just shortened the top link all the way in. and i did not drag dirt. when i wanted to grade level. i leveled the box blade out and used the position control. to keep it just off the ground. to get the high spots out. i guess i am doing right . i dont know...:rolleyes: but his yard looks great. and with a little rakeing , its ready for seed and straw...:)

/ Took The Backhoe off for the first time #6  
Taking my BH off for the first time was pretty straitforward, it was putting it back on last week that I learned a couple valuable lessons.

1. relieve pressure on the BH hydraulic hoses

2. Clean the dirt out of the subframe slots on the tractor

These 2 things alone reduced my BH install time from 2 hours to 10 minutes.