Grading Hydraulic Angle Kit on a Frontier Loader Mounted Front Blade

/ Hydraulic Angle Kit on a Frontier Loader Mounted Front Blade #1  

Mech

Gold Member
Tractor
3520 CAB
I just bought a new 790 with SCV, a 300 Loader and a Frontier AL1600 Loader mounted front blade. Also have a 5' box blade on the back. BTW the blade works great in the snow. We have had a lot of snow in May and 3 weeks ago after a foot of heavy wet snow I plowed over a mile of dirt roads at about 10 MPH. Worked like a truck with a snow plow. I would like to put the Hydraulic Angling Kit (AL10726) on but don't know much about hydraulics. If I put a valve in to divert the bucket tilt hoses and hook the diverted hydraulics to the each cylinder of the angling kit (the kit has one way cylinders so I suspect I hook the dump side to the right cylinder and the other to the left) will the angle work? Will the tilt hold in the position it is in? I have seen lots of posts about electric diverter valves, are there manual diverter valves?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

/ Hydraulic Angle Kit on a Frontier Loader Mounted Front Blade #2  
Mech,
You can certainly get a electric or manual diverter to operate your plow. The main problem with the manual diverters though is that if you want to be able to reach it from the seat, you may have a plumbing nightmare. The obvious advantage to the electric ones is they can be mounted anywhere and you only need a small wire and switch to operate it.

Your angle will work just fine with the two SA cylinder plugged into the SVC ports. It will hold position just fine.

Click HERE for a double manual diverter that would work.
Click HERE for a link to the thread where I added a Electric Diverter to my FEL.
And you can search "fasse" to find some threads on their diverter kit that you can order right from your JD dealer.

Good luck,
Hope this helps some and didn't confuse you:D

/ Hydraulic Angle Kit on a Frontier Loader Mounted Front Blade
Thanks.

The lines I'm diverting are the ones that tilt the bucket or in this case the blade. Will the blade stay in place (not change tilt) when I've diverted the flow to the angle cylinders?

I would like to connect the diverter near the front to run less hose but it is all steel lines there and I don't think there is a good place. I suspect I will have to put the diverter near where the FEL quick disconnects are. So I will probably be able to reach the diverter and don't really need to change it anyway unless I need to tilt the blade differently or when I change over to a bucket. The electric one however looks smaller and I don't won't a big valve in the way.

/ Hydraulic Angle Kit on a Frontier Loader Mounted Front Blade #4  
The lines I'm diverting are the ones that tilt the bucket or in this case the blade. Will the blade stay in place (not change tilt) when I've diverted the flow to the angle cylinders?

I though I answered this well enough before...The blade will hold it's position. Both ports of the SCV valve are blocked in neutral, therefore no fluid can flow either way. Even the regular frame mounted JD plow hooks up this way and also uses two SA cylinders. The Meyer Polyplow I built for my FEL used two SA cylinders and worked just fine. Also many others have done the same thing, and they all work just fine.

Mounting your diverter, whether you choose a manual one or an electric one to the loader mast above the SCV ports is the best solution . You should only need two 24" hoses and two 8' hoses and some fittings to get this done.

/ Hydraulic Angle Kit on a Frontier Loader Mounted Front Blade
Sorry, I thought you were talking about it staying angled when you said the blade would hold position. I appreciate your response.