Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket

/ Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket #1  

dfeck

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
I have a 4310 with a 61" HD Bucket. I just purchased a JD toothbar for it and when I went to install it I found the fit to be way too tight. To the point it wouldn't fit. I got my grinding out and ground down the plate steel that bolts to the side of the bucket. I also ground down some welding burrs on the corners of the bucket. The plate steel is ~1/2" so taking a little off isn't such a big deal. Now the toothbar fits with a small gap (1/32" gap on both sides). My guess is that JD is marketing a toothbar that is for the skidsteers because the install instructions has there skidsteer models all over it. I did check the JD P/N and it was correct for my bucket plus I saw the toothbar mounted on a 61" bucket a few months before ordering. My concern is when I go to remove it how difficult it will be because of the small gap. Has anyone had to grind there toothbar to make it fit there HD bucket? I must say that this toothbar is very HD and a little overkill for my tractor. I think it weighs in at 120lbs. Works great though!!!

Thanks

/ Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket #2  
I am looking for one of those. Do you have the part number and the cost of it? maybe a picture?

/ Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket
The toothbar P/N for a 61" HD bucket is BW15227, weighs 136lbs and cost $313.

Doug

/ Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket #4  
I have the same setup on my HD 61" bucket, and it was tighter than a welldiggers #**. I have not ground mine down, but in order to remove it for winter plowing, I had to raise the bucket up and angle it downward...then applying liberal amounts of a handsledge got the toothbar to drop off (watch your toes). It's actually easier to take off than to put back on.

Attachments

• DSC00478.JPG
    DSC00478.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 757
   / Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket
Yep, that's the same one I have. During the install I had to dry fit it a couple times before I drilled the holes. I did also raise the bucket and toggled the joystick and it "fell" right out.

/ Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket #6  
I haft to pry mine off with a crow bar......:(
its to tight. i am going to grind it down on the sides too...:)

/ Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket #7  
Champy said:
I have the same setup on my HD 61" bucket, and it was tighter than a welldiggers #**. I have not ground mine down, but in order to remove it for winter plowing, I had to raise the bucket up and angle it downward...then applying liberal amounts of a handsledge got the toothbar to drop off (watch your toes). It's actually easier to take off than to put back on.

I have the same bucket, with a bolt on cutting edge, on my 790 and am thinking about this tooth bar. Did your bucket have a bolt on cutting edge and you removed it?

/ Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket #8  
I have the 61" HD bucket. It has holes all the way across the cutting edge. I figured these were for a bolt on cutting edge. I'm guessing you could pull off your cutting edge and install the toothbar. JC

/ Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket #9  
My cutting edge is held on with 10 bolts. The bucket seems to have an edge but it isn't very sharp.

/ Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket #10  
RollTideRam said:
I have the 61" HD bucket. It has holes all the way across the cutting edge. I figured these were for a bolt on cutting edge. I'm guessing you could pull off your cutting edge and install the toothbar. JC

HD buckets use bolt on cutting edges. Shouldnt he have gotten one with the bucket, or are they a seperate part you have to buy?