John Deere 2520

/ John Deere 2520 #1  

DAN IN OHIO

Tractor
John Deere A, B, AR,50,70D,70D STD,2520
I purchased a new John Deere 2520 compact utility tractor last fall and was wondering if anyone is having the same problem with this tractor. The front right axel leaks oil (MFWD) and is in for repairs now for the third time. This tractor is used very little (only 25 hrs. now) as I have six other older tractors.

/ John Deere 2520 #2  
Mine leaked once. I kept an eye on it, but it has never done it again. JC

/ John Deere 2520 #3  
Moved to correct forum.

/ John Deere 2520 #4  
Mine has 27 hours on it now. and i never seen anything leaking
from the Axal. and i lift really heavy junk.....;)

Chris......:)

/ John Deere 2520 #5  
11 hours and doing fine - where does it leak from exactly? Thanks

/ John Deere 2520 #6  
10 hours on my end, and not a drop of anything has leaked.

/ John Deere 2520 #7  
55 hours and no leaks.

/ John Deere 2520 #8  
Last year when the 2520's came out, I remember someone posting about bad seals on their tractor. Dealer fixed it in one trip. JC

/ John Deere 2520 #9  
I have 68 hours on my 2520 and nothing but pure satisfaction...almost...

Twice when backing up before I raised the mower deck, I've lost two pins on two seperate occasions on the 3pt. arms that raise the mower deck, one on each side. I keep those in stock now in my shed:)

The only other thing I'd like to see is a more accurate, lineal fuel gauge. This thing will go for over an hour mowing after the guage hits empty. Deere rates the fuel capacity at 7.1 Gallons, but on two occasions of being on "empty" the tank would not hold 5.3 gallons of new fuel.:confused: I know that there is an amout of "reserve", but over 1.8 gallons?? Of course this now spills all over my tractor :mad: :mad: It seems that once you graduate to the 3000 series you also get a "stupid" light that comes on when your really low. I'd really love to see that "stupid" light, well as a third speed transmission selection range on the next series. I looked at the 3000 series and loved everything about the 3520, except for the size.

This 2520, with a 72" MMM and Hyd. Dump Power Pak MCS is the nastiest, most manuverable, lawn cutting, leaf sucking, Mo'Fo' I've seen yet!

/ John Deere 2520 #10  
Larry , mines not quit that bad. but i think i got it figured out. the gauge is really not that off. thay do have a reserve built in i think. you are most likely doing the same thing i was doing. as everyone in fear of running out of fuel.....:( when i would get below a 1/4 tank i wanted to fill up. and could not get a 5 gallon can all the way in. i figured it out. when the tractor is on E
i mean on EEEEEEE. it holds a little over 6 gallons.;) I think what JD did was build in about a hafe gallon reserve. so if you were out in the field. and realized you were on E . you would have time to get back to the barn. before running out of fuel. now that i am use to it. i know how much time i got after i hit E......:) I have never ran it dry to test this fact. but i have ran it to the point i had to add 7 gallons. so i was close....:D its like my pickup truck. i had it since it was new. and i can tell you for sure. when it gets to the very last line. before E. you better find a gas station.
Dont ask me how i know....:( Yep. i had to walk.....:D

Chris......:)