deere 2520 and kubota b3030 thoughts

/ deere 2520 and kubota b3030 thoughts #1  

strokerduster

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota b3030
just some of my thoughts while mowing this evening. YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY! my current yard is 7 acres, nice grass, springfed creek, and lots of trees. i have owned probably 20 tractors over the years of all brands up to about 40 horse. when i bought this place i bought a deere 2210 (very capable little horse) for light loader work and mowing. after a couple years i wanted something bigger (you sound just like my wife) and bought a kubota b3030, 2 years ago. i wasn't real happy with it and recently bought a deere 2520, 200cx, and 62d mmm to use for the same purposes. now some of my observations.the 3030 had most of the shortcomings documented here. worst seat known to man, vibrated, loader crooked from day one, brakes on wrong side and flimsy steering column/dash. it had plenty power and hydraulic capabilities. the paint was already starting to fade and was never left outside. i have a bum rt leg and after moving it forward and back for a couple hours, i could hardly walk when i got off. after going downhill on the DELUXE seat for the same time, my back hurt. i just wasn't happy and never bonded with it. i bought the 2520 to replace it. most things better, a few not. the 2520 is more comfortable for ME to drive. i prefer the 2 pedal system as i don't have to lift me leg to change direction. the seat is far superior and i added armrest (as 3030 had) but operator space is less but adequate. i miss the mid range of the 3030.the 2520 is smoother running and quieter. the 3030 gets better fuel economy. the 2520 is shorter and has less ground clearance but feels more stable on hillside and mows under trees better. i prefer the plastic discharge chute of the 2520 as i regularly hit things with metal chute on 3030 causing damage to trees and side of shop( i know, DUMMY). glow plugs are okay but direct injected is superior. both dealers and deals were more than satisfactory.deere 2520 engine access is much better, don't have to pull sidecovers off to change oil or service. kubota mower and loader removal/install is easy. deere is even easier. both have done every task i could think up with no hesitation. i am just of the opinion (mine alone) that the deere is better quality and more user friendly/well thought out. I was a little disappointed with kubotas newest deluxe tractor. not trying to stir anything up but someone out there might be wondering what i was thinking about as i mowed tonight......

/ deere 2520 and kubota b3030 thoughts #2  
I love my 2520 too! :)

/ deere 2520 and kubota b3030 thoughts #3  
I love my 2520 too...........:)
But yall did not know that . did you....:D
I been saying what you said all along. Folks need to start listening.;) I drove a 3030 once...Uhmmmmm. Then i went home..:(
and called John Deere...:)

strokerduster , I like you already...:p

Chris.....:)