Tires jd 750 tire sizes

/ jd 750 tire sizes #1  

georgi

what are some compatiable tire sizes for a 750 4wd. Need new ones, currently have turf and would like to go to r4's or to a more aggressive turf tire. any suggestions. what's a good resource to find out this tire compatibility info? (no owner's manual)

/ jd 750 tire sizes #2  
georgi said:
what are some compatiable tire sizes for a 750 4wd. Need new ones, currently have turf and would like to go to r4's or to a more aggressive turf tire. any suggestions. what's a good resource to find out this tire compatibility info? (no owner's manual)

I recommend do a search function on " mfwd tire sizes" .

What sizes are your turfs, find them on this site.. Titan Wheel and search by tire size - find out the rolling circumference for your tires and the front to rear ratio. see what you find out.. check out this thread..http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...0-mfwd-ratio-r4.html?highlight=790+mfwd+ratio.. good luck, feel free to pm me, I'll tell you what I went through with my 770's new R4's.

edit: Also do a search on the net for JD manuals..

/ jd 750 tire sizes #3  
I've chased this around a fair bit myself --- tires and rims --- and the thread that irwin pointed out is a good reference.

I believe that once you do the research on Titan and here on TBN, you'll find that tires/rims for the 770 and the 790 will likely work OK on your 750.

The key is the "front wheel over-run". That is the gear ratio and wheel size differences between the front wheels and the rear wheels. It is my understanding that JD recommends that the "over-run" not exceed 6%. And that anything ranging between 1%-6% is acceptable.

Good luck,

AKfish