Ballast Ballast Box

/ Ballast Box #11  
"If one fills it with cement, how can one use it to store garden tools when it is not in use???"

Put PVC pipes in the box before adding the concrete. Just be sure to drill drainage holes for the pipes. This idea I saw on a previous thread here. This site rocks!

/ Ballast Box #12  
If you weight the box dont forget to buy the dolly.

/ Ballast Box #13  
only drawback of loading the BB with concrete is that it's difficult to move around later. Just my $0.02. IMATCH will help.

/ Ballast Box #14  
If you buy the HF Imatch and have to widen it to fit other implements then your Deere box will be too narrow.

/ Ballast Box #15  
I had to build a dolly this weekend.
without it. your pretty much stuck, once its filled. ;)

Chris....:)

/ Ballast Box #16  
GreenRules said:
only drawback of loading the BB with concrete is that it's difficult to move around later. Just my $0.02. IMATCH will help.

Is'nt that what the FEL is for???

Oh, but then you'd need another ballast box to move the first ballast box around.......doh!

/ Ballast Box #17  
Flywheel said:
Is'nt that what the FEL is for???

Oh, but then you'd need another ballast box to move the first ballast box around.......doh!

or have a backhoe....;)

Chris......:)

/ Ballast Box #18  
Just an FYI.... I am putting my equipment holders on the outside of the box, and I filled it full, right to the top with portland, and filled in all the voids...

5 (94 pound) bags of portland.....

I dont know how you guys got 6 or 7 in there......

/ Ballast Box #19  
nmu98 said:
Just an FYI.... I am putting my equipment holders on the outside of the box, and I filled it full, right to the top with portland, and filled in all the voids...

5 (94 pound) bags of portland.....

I dont know how you guys got 6 or 7 in there......

I think i got 7 or 7 1/2 of 94 pound portlands in there.
I read somewhere if you add to much water while mixing.
it will really cut down on the amount you can get in there.
and personaly. i thought mine was to wet. i mixed it in a wheel
barrow. and then put it in the box. but afterwords. i kept adding more dry
portland strate to the box as i felt it was to wet. ..;)

Chris...:)

/ Ballast Box #20  
I built my own ballast box. I can adjust the distance from the rear axle from my seat depending on the weight I need back there. Works great, and is not too big (1.5 cubic ft)...

2118832Box.JPG