Ballast Ballast Box

/ Ballast Box #31  
Recently I had a few extra weights and some bags of cement to place on top of my already filled ballast box (portland cement). As it shows, I have 540 lbs additional weight on top of the ballast box (BB best guess being 800-900 lbs).
That brings me to somewhere between 1,340 -1,440 lbs for a 2520, and I ran out of weight before I ran out of lift ability :eek: . I will get the box weighed one of these days at the local weight station to find out exactly what it weighs.
I never use it however, since the hoe is on most of the time. I used to fill the box with olympic weights but it was always a noisey racket with them banging around. Im glad I just did the portland, no noise

Attachments

• P10100006.JPG
    P10100006.JPG
    367.2 KB · Views: 546
  • P10100008.JPG
    P10100008.JPG
    321.5 KB · Views: 468
   / Ballast Box #32  
Ducatti996,

Could you please tell me what does the rear hydraulic set up on your tractor allow you to do? I have the same arrangement but never had the occasion to consider what attachments and/or applications I might be able to operate with such an option. Thank you in advance.

/ Ballast Box #34  
redstatedog said:
Ducatti996,

Could you please tell me what does the rear hydraulic set up on your tractor allow you to do? I have the same arrangement but never had the occasion to consider what attachments and/or applications I might be able to operate with such an option. Thank you in advance.

The is called "PowerBeyond", it's a "loop" that flows hydraulic fluid continuously when the tractor is running. As Chris said, it can be used for a backhoe, or a log splitter, or spool valves can be plumbed into into it to operate cylinders on some implements. Just be sure it's always plugged in before you start the tractor.

/ Ballast Box #35  
ducati996 said:
Recently I had a few extra weights and some bags of cement to place on top of my already filled ballast box (portland cement). As it shows, I have 540 lbs additional weight on top of the ballast box (BB best guess being 800-900 lbs).
That brings me to somewhere between 1,340 -1,440 lbs for a 2520, and I ran out of weight before I ran out of lift ability :eek: . I will get the box weighed one of these days at the local weight station to find out exactly what it weighs.
I never use it however, since the hoe is on most of the time. I used to fill the box with olympic weights but it was always a noisey racket with them banging around. Im glad I just did the portland, no noise

Must have no traction or ballast issues with that load, just hope one of those bags don't get torn open, no problems lifting that weight? what is the TPH's capacity anyway if some one knows? I have a 4310 and filled the box with concrete, at about 500 pounds it does feel heavy when I lift it, the rear tires squat a little bit.