Oil & Fuel 455 Transmission leaking oil

/ 455 Transmission leaking oil #1  

Jason B

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 425( soon to be 455)
Hi

Well, I got my 455AWS home this week. I am very impressed with it's performance and power of the engine. The transmission is a concern though. It seems that the transmission leaks oil after the transmission has warmed up. The good news is that the oil leaks only when the tractor is shut down and parked and not all over the grass, but even so I would like to try and fix this problem. The leak is happening on the right side of the transmission, but I can't pin point where the oil is coming out of the transmission. It is definately worth fixing though. It appears that the previous owner had taken the transmission apart and then resealed it with cocking. I am kinda guessing that the cocking is going and that this might be the problem. In any case I have only had the tractor two days. I am going to take her back to the dealer and have them look at it tommorrow hopefully. Other then that, I really like my 455AWS, although the problem with the transmission is a little disapointing. Take Care Jason B