Take a look at this thread

/ Take a look at this thread #11  
Who really cares, the way I see it nobody talks about the losers. People only complain and talk crap about the best. When was the last time most people where jealous of the big losers? Never , the same goes for a lot of things in life.

People only talk about the winners. With that said for a kubota forum to be talking about John Deere has to tell you something :D

I posted my two bits of cents in that thread. Not worth much more than a hill of beans.

In the end who cares, my tractor is good :D

/ Take a look at this thread #12  
Who gives a crap really in what the orange team posts...I dont feel obiligated to defend Deere on the internet. I can do that with my wallet, and in the end market share and sales revenue win. Or just having the name of a company that been around 170 years, should pretty much make the case.

Duc

/ Take a look at this thread #15  
Checked out that thread and it does seem to be quite entertaining, but a lot of enhanced statements seem to be being thrown around there. Typical behavior when you are unsure about your choice and want to re-convince yourself you made the correct decision. i agree with Milkman, on the usefulness of that thread. I feel the reasons you got myore JD people speaking about issues iare two-fold

1) JD Owners are trying to fix it before it goes to the shop or at least have a leg up going in!

2) There are a ton more JD owners who are capable of providing good advice.

/ Take a look at this thread #16  
Kubotas are JUNK!! Yup, that's what the guy at the church picnic said today. He rented a 30 horse Kubota to cut 22 ac. of church property grass and it broke down every time. Then he bought his JD 4400, to do the grass.I just quietly got up and walked away. Him not knowing I have a Kubota 7510 I wasn't going to say anything. The point is people get opinions that quick, when one sits on a rental Kubota a few times and it doesn't work he judges a huge company. This guy that started the thread is no doubt a very zealous young man with a Kubota that hasn't had a problem YET! And I would have bought a JD 4110 but it was 2,300 dollars more. I am puzzled when you all say JD was the same price, maybe for you it was. Around here is JD country, a plant for lawn tractors in Mayville, Wis. 20 miles away. Iowa, where I think JD has a plant. A museum in Moline Ill. (in case you are ever in the area) There is history and loyalty here and I think that's why dealers get more for them around here. In your neck of the woods this may not be the case. I'm glad JD sells compacts. Competition keeps companies on their toes and is actually giving Kubota a run for their money. We have very good tractors that way. Kubota is better cause of JD, Massey ,NH and vise versa. Now my junky Kubota cuts the church grass, and it's no fun.

/ Take a look at this thread #17  
In the 40-45 hp range a Kubota would have to cost $2000 less than a Deere for me to consider purchasing (I am a little color blind). When I was shopping 1.5 years ago the Kubota GL 4330 was actually $500 more than the Deere 4120 so the decision was a no brainer. I do appreciate the orange competition forceing the green to offer competitive features, quality and price but I can't understand why anyone would pay more or even slightly less for a foreign product than an American one of comparable quality and ability. I think maybe those orange guys are a little uncomfortable with this especially around Independence day and we are just seeing them vent thier frustrations on the referenced thread. Happy birthday USA, and go Green.

/ Take a look at this thread #18  
People who use owning a certain brand of - whatever - to boost their, apparently, poor self image and insecurity is sometimes amusing - but, most often just a turn-off.

The "discussions" generally devolve into a less than 7th grade exercise in Internet nano-babble with poorly thought out self-rationalizations; and innuendo, projection, opinion, and anecdotes substituting for facts or real information.

I guess I'm just thrilled for people who have fulfilled a need to accomplish something and have a piece of equipment that performs as needed, and is reliable - no matter who the manufacturer may be.

I have nothing negative to say about anyone's choice of equipment. Be happy about your choice! I can only urge people that you don't need to continue feeding your equipment-based self actualization by denigrating other people's choices. An equipment choice doesn't demonstrate that your IQ is superior because you've made a certain decision.

I see so many posts rationalizing why a person has chosen to purchase a specific piece of equipment - and it generally has nothing to do with results, but everything to do with assuring themselves that their judgement was "right."

Here's why I bought a John Deere.

1. I've never owned one.

2. I've always wanted one.

3. Green looks better parked at my place than other colors. <...for joke...>

4. I needed to replace my 20 year old tractor before parts became really difficult to find.

Do I really need other reasons? I don't think so.

Last edited: