JD2320 How do I relieve the pressure on the BH hydraulic hoses

/ JD2320 How do I relieve the pressure on the BH hydraulic hoses #1  

ragkar

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD2320 w/R4 $21,100 w/7.16%off
I'm doing a first time, by myself, hookup of the BH and I don't want hydraulic fluid squirting out when I disconnect that line.

Along the same line, after I shut down I understand that I should move the bucket control in all directions to drop the pressure in those lines. Also I should drop the BB rear control to minimum in order to relieve the rear line pressures.
Is that right?

/ JD2320 How do I relieve the pressure on the BH hydraulic hoses #2  
greetings ragkar,

Not sure what you mean by the "BB rear control", but if you mean the 3 point lift control I set that to max height setting on the control lever on my 2520 after I remove the 3 point arms. That puts the rockshaft lift arms up out of the way when you go to mount the backhoe (I'm assuming you have a 46BH like mine). Since your backhoe lines are part of the open center hydraulic system of the tractor I believe cycling the bucket loader controls around is all you need to do to relieve line pressure. That works fine for me. I don't get fluid squirting out, but I do get a few drips so I recommend having a rag handy. Hope this helps.

/ JD2320 How do I relieve the pressure on the BH hydraulic hoses #3  
ragkar said:
I'm doing a first time, by myself, hookup of the BH and I don't want hydraulic fluid squirting out when I disconnect that line.
Hydraulic quick connectors have a poppet shut off valve in each half. When they are disconnected, both sides are sealed off.

/ JD2320 How do I relieve the pressure on the BH hydraulic hoses #4  
before you disconnect or connect any hoses, cycle through all of the hydraulic controls with motor switched off. This relieves any pressure in the system, but you should do it for all controls.

BTW : when parking backhoe don't forget to put back in the pin to keep the arm from sagging down.

/ JD2320 How do I relieve the pressure on the BH hydraulic hoses #5  
ya , like everyone says. just turn tractor off , and wobble sticks
around a bit. and all presure will be gone. slide a rag under power
beyond to catch dribble. and your set....;)

Chris....:)