Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2320 w/R4 $21,100 w/7.16%off

Default JD2320 How do I relieve the pressure on the BH hydraulic hoses

I'm doing a first time, by myself, hookup of the BH and I don't want hydraulic fluid squirting out when I disconnect that line.

Along the same line, after I shut down I understand that I should move the bucket control in all directions to drop the pressure in those lines. Also I should drop the BB rear control to minimum in order to relieve the rear line pressures.
    Is that right?
    Eastern PA -JD2320 w/R4; 200CX w/61" bucket & Markham toothbar or JD adj forks; 46BH w/16", Imatch, ballast box & York rake-blade-scarifer, 54" front plow and trailer receiver. Case 580K w/fel+bh, mule 610XC

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD2520 and JD455

Default Re: JD2320 How do I relieve the pressure on the BH hydraulic hoses

greetings ragkar,

Not sure what you mean by the "BB rear control", but if you mean the 3 point lift control I set that to max height setting on the control lever on my 2520 after I remove the 3 point arms. That puts the rockshaft lift arms up out of the way when you go to mount the backhoe (I'm assuming you have a 46BH like mine). Since your backhoe lines are part of the open center hydraulic system of the tractor I believe cycling the bucket loader controls around is all you need to do to relieve line pressure. That works fine for me. I don't get fluid squirting out, but I do get a few drips so I recommend having a rag handy. Hope this helps.
    Hemiguy

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

Quote Originally Posted by ragkar
    I'm doing a first time, by myself, hookup of the BH and I don't want hydraulic fluid squirting out when I disconnect that line.
    Hydraulic quick connectors have a poppet shut off valve in each half. When they are disconnected, both sides are sealed off.

Tractor
    JD2520

before you disconnect or connect any hoses, cycle through all of the hydraulic controls with motor switched off. This relieves any pressure in the system, but you should do it for all controls.

BTW : when parking backhoe don't forget to put back in the pin to keep the arm from sagging down.

ya , like everyone says. just turn tractor off , and wobble sticks
    around a bit. and all presure will be gone. slide a rag under power
    beyond to catch dribble. and your set....

Chris....
    John Deere 2520 , R4's , 200CX loader with 61 inch bucket and JD Tooth Bar. And Markham 7 tooth. Tooth bar. 46 Backhoe with 16 inch bucket. with Custom made Street Flip pads off a 448 hoe. Foward work lights. Dual rear work lights. Heavy duty Alternator. I-Match , Ballast Box , Frontier BB2060 box blade , Frontier pallet Forks , JD 3 point reciever hitch. and soon A lot more.. and for grass cutting , John Deere GX 255 with 48 inch deck.