Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    2007 JD 2520

Default Added Tool Box to 2520

Hey guys:
    Kept thinking it would be nice to have some tools / storage on the tractor so while I was at my dealer I picked up a new JD toolbox. I called my friend Chuck who does a lot of welding and can fix any tractor (actually he can fix anything) and he said bring her up to the shop. The first thing we did was find a piece of steel plate which fit the width b/w the ROPS. It is about 4in wide and has a 90 degree bend with another 4in going vertically (L shaped I guess you would call it). Unscrewed the holders for the seat belts on both ends - marked the steel plate through the those mounting holes and drilled it out so the same bolts could be used to mount the plate to the tractor. Then I drilled the top corners to mount the seat belt holders to the vertical part of the plate. We cut some chain links in half and welded three of the half links to the back bottom of the plate for attaching the tractor wiring which had been zip tied to the tractor where we wanted to mount the plate. Next we took the tool box mounting bracket and clamped it to the plate in position to make sure the seat could be moved all the way back and the three point would clear the box. Welded the mounting bracket to our steel plate (don't look at the welds - first time welding for me It is **** hard to do - you guys who weld are impressive by the way. After rounding the corners and taking the burrs off I primed and painted everything. Mounted the plate to the tractor and attached the seat belt holders to the plate. Put the box on the mounting plate and there you have it. It is awesome to have a storage place handy on your tractor - I recommend it highly. Hope this wasn't too long winded - just excited to share with you guys. Enjoy the pics and Happy 4th to Everyone!

Cheers,
    Brad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 JD 2520 R4 Loaded / 200cx -61" HD Bucket with tooth bar / Frontier RC 1048 Cutter / Frontier LR 1072 / iMatch

Default Re: Added Tool Box to 2520

Very nice job. only problem is,
    after we Sweet talk the little wife .
    where is the backhoe seat going to go...

Chris.....
    John Deere 2520 , R4's , 200CX loader with 61 inch bucket and JD Tooth Bar. And Markham 7 tooth. Tooth bar. 46 Backhoe with 16 inch bucket. with Custom made Street Flip pads off a 448 hoe. Foward work lights. Dual rear work lights. Heavy duty Alternator. I-Match , Ballast Box , Frontier BB2060 box blade , Frontier pallet Forks , JD 3 point reciever hitch. and soon A lot more.. and for grass cutting , John Deere GX 255 with 48 inch deck.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455AWS

Cool Pictures
    Thanks for sharing...
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

#BoltOnHooks

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain and Rigging Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components, and MUCH more!

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Elite Member

Clean job! Good pics, nice work.
    Nuru
    JD 3520

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2007 JD 2520

Thanks for the comments guys - it was a fun little project. Chris - I did think about that - since it is bolted on I will remove the whole set up and make space for the backhoe if I am ever so lucky.
    2007 JD 2520 R4 Loaded / 200cx -61" HD Bucket with tooth bar / Frontier RC 1048 Cutter / Frontier LR 1072 / iMatch

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Nice job!!!

Are you going to mount your SMV sign?
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    John Deere 125

In the toolbox i noticed that you had some gloves, great idea for attaching/detaching hoses, pto shafts, and anything dirty GREAT!!! That would be the first thing i would put on my 2520!
    2006 John Deere 125 Riding Lawn Mower w/ 6.5 Bushel bagger, And 42" Deck. Soon To be- John Deere 2720 With 200cx,Imatch auto-hitch, Landscape Rake.Boxblade,roto tiller, 46 backhoe. Or One of those new Bobcat Ct225, or a Kioti Ck25HST. WOW!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2007 JD 2520

Roy - yes indeed I am going to put my SMV sign back on - Just figuring where I want to put it - any suggestons? Also have a fire extinguisher I am going to mount to the tractor. Happy 4th

Brad

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by lincolnvt
    Roy - yes indeed I am going to put my SMV sign back on - Just figuring where I want to put it - any suggestons? Also have a fire extinguisher I am going to mount to the tractor. Happy 4th

Brad
    Yeah...if you can't mount it on the tool box, use some straps to mount it at an upper corner of your ROPS (high enough so it doesn't block your vision when looking behind you and offset from the center enough so you won't hit your head on it (or keep band aids in your tool box)).
    Fire extingusher, I'd suggest one of the ROPS vertical sections.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    John Deere 3520

Really nice job! Storage is about the only complaint I've had with my 3520. Given the usual purposes for a tractor, a spot for some tools and gloves, etc. should be more of a manfacturer's requirement than a customer's task. I keep loading the ballast box with stuff and heading out to the job. Again - very nice.
    Cheers,
    Paul_F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast