2520 Front / Rear work lights but not both?

/ 2520 Front / Rear work lights but not both? #1  

bheston

I ordered front work lights for my future 2520 but the dealer says the rear work light is not compatible if you install the front work lights. Is that true?

/ 2520 Front / Rear work lights but not both? #2  
Maybe they're both wired to the same plug ?

Have checked the JD parts page for any clues ?

/ 2520 Front / Rear work lights but not both? #3  
I got 2 in front and back - have the rear on a separate switch (Chris2520) has pics of his install. I also went up to the larger 35 amp alternator. Hope that helps, Brad

/ 2520 Front / Rear work lights but not both? #4  
Your dealer is talking about plug and play. and he is right. you can only add 2 extra work lights. by plug and play. what i mean is. the harness. is prewired for 2 AUX lights. that come on useing the headlight switch. So tell him you want 2 extra rear work lights. wired on a seperate switch . mount the switch on the PTO console. and it will be wired seperately. now you will have 2 extra foward lights. and 2 rear work lights. this is how mine is done. and it works great....;)

Chris.....:)

/ 2520 Front / Rear work lights but not both? #5  
One place on JD site says not compatible with each other, another says they are.

So I gambled and got both a few months ago. After installing two forward and one rear lights, I still have one connection point that could be made up, and I only used what came in the standard kits. (kit includes "y" connections.)

/ 2520 Front / Rear work lights but not both? #6  
YASH2520 said:
One place on JD site says not compatible with each other, another says they are.

So I gambled and got both a few months ago. After installing two forward and one rear lights, I still have one connection point that could be made up, and I only used what came in the standard kits. (kit includes "y" connections.)

Your right Yash , thats why the rears need to be on a seperate switch. besides. you dont need the fronts and rears on at the same time. i also have the high output alternater....;)

Chris....:)

/ 2520 Front / Rear work lights but not both? #7  
Chris... I can guess that it's likely been a spell since you had to plow snow in the dark of night in Georgia...!

But if that snow is comin' down hard and it's dark --- you'll want those rear light's on to keep from backin' into the peach tree!

AKfish

/ 2520 Front / Rear work lights but not both? #8  
AKfish said:
Chris... I can guess that it's likely been a spell since you had to plow snow in the dark of night in Georgia...!

But if that snow is comin' down hard and it's dark --- you'll want those rear light's on to keep from backin' into the peach tree!

AKfish

Well AKfish , You would be most correct. I never thought of it that way. because where i live. That place very deep in the ground we dont speak of , would most likely freeze over before we get to see any Snow.....:D we might get a tad of freezing rain once a year. but the last real snow. i mean 5 inches or more was 1987. I remember rideing 4 wheelers on the streets. that was fun. and then no more snow for 20 years....:( A snow blower here is considered an Antic...:D But you are right. But all i would haft to do is reach to my left and flip a switch. and i can light up the heavens with 2 rears and 4 front lights.....;) but i do realize where you live. Snow is probebly more common than Grass....:p

Chris.....:)