2320 Snowblower Question

/ 2320 Snowblower Question #1  

UpstateNYMarine

Bronze Member
Tractor
2007 John Deere 2320
I have been looking on here for threads about mounting that 47" snowblower on the 2320. I am concerned about the rear tires sticking out past the blower. I am in upstate NY and we get a decent amount of snow and I have a 1,300ft driveway to clear. I'm looking for opinions of the snowblower for the 2320 and if JD is coming out with something that will extend past the tires of the 2320.

Thanks,
Mike:confused:

/ 2320 Snowblower Question #2  
Its too funny you're thinking about this too. I just made a similar post in the "attachments" section. How many people could there be w/ JD CUT's worrying about snow blowers in the middle of July?

I was planning on getting a snow blower for my 3pt hitch to avoid this issue. From the research I've done, there are quite a few pretty substantial looking units out there that could be made to work. The problem you may run into on a 2320 is PTO hp. I believe my 2520 has about 20 PTO hp, which seems to be on the low side for 60" units. Having a couple less hp at the PTO might be sub-optimal.

Good luck.

/ 2320 Snowblower Question #3  
For the life of me I can't understand the big
hub-bub about this 47 snowblower on these tractors!

the only time you are cutting a path with a full
cut of the snowblower is the first pass.
After that, you can only take 3/4 or so of a
cut, and even with only 1/2 lap you will get some
spill over sometimes depending on the snow
conditions etc. So, the back tire, (only 1)
drives over an inch of 2 of snow, so what? it's
getting picked up on the next pass anyways.
There's almost always some snow that falls down
behind the snowblower anyways.. so if the tractor
pushes some down... what harm does it do?

I have been using that blower for 6 years, and when I
turn I experience the exact scenario, my rear tires run into
the snowbank a little. NO BIG DEAL! If it's my last pass,
then I make one more pass close to the edge of the
snopack, and clean it up quickly.

here's some pics after our Valentine's day Storm
2007:

IMG_0857B.jpg

IMG_0856B.jpg

IMG_0853B.jpg

IMG_0852B.jpg

/ 2320 Snowblower Question #4  
I've also used a 47 blower for close to ten years. Width is a big problem if you have a curved driveway. Every time you go around a curve you're climbing on the bank to the tune of 5-6" As the winter goes on you're riding on a real ridge and the tractor is on a slop. This blower was designed for the 425 garden tractor when they were introduced. I can't for the life of me understand why the would expect the same one to work properly on a 28HP tractor.

I have searched high and low for a front blower that will fit but no luck.

/ 2320 Snowblower Question #5  
Hi,

I just posted this for someone else interested in blowers.

For comparison.

Our 59" JD blower on a 3320 uses max throttle with load match to average 1-2 mph going uphill blowing 12 to 18 inches of snow. Around turns the rear tires do run outisde of the blower path without a problem. We use chains on unloaded R-4s & a weight box on the 3pt to ballance the blower. A rear mounted blower may need less PTO power but I do not know.

In the float position the skid shoes can steer the tractor if they catch a rut so the blower is then raised to regain steering.

The blower cuts through a 3 foot high town plow ice wall just fine so there is no need to swap the blower for loader.

Hope this helps.

/ 2320 Snowblower Question #6  
Hi...picked up a 6 foot Agrotrend blower for my 4410 last week. It sure turns lots of heads when you drive around with a snowblower in the back of the truck in 90 degree temperatures, but the lineups for snowblowers at the dealerships are short at this time of year! :) You usually require 5 HP per foot for your snowblower, so for a 6 foot blower, the tractor should be 30 PTO horsepower. Garry

/ 2320 Snowblower Question
If I was snowblowing a smal drive it wouldn't be a big problem but we get some rather heavy lake effect snow here in Upstate NY. And since the driveway is roughly 1,300 ft long the issue of snagging the snow bank with the rear tires kinda concerns me. Do you know if JD is doing anything for this? Also if the have the tires set to narrow stance on a 2320 do you know wha the width is anyone?

Thanks for all the help guys,
Mike

/ 2320 Snowblower Question #8  
I have no idea of pricing or HP requirements, but there are several third party options, including this interesting looking one:
Alcan front mount PTO snow blower for tractors

It sounds like going large enough to comfortably cover the tire width may just be too much for the 2305. A rear-mount snowthrower should be more efficient if you don't mind driving backwards, I'd guess that you could get slightly wider with one of those.

/ 2320 Snowblower Question #9  
Erskine makes a rear PTO drive front mounted blower in down to a 60" size. I have been seriously considering one, this might be in the range you need.

/ 2320 Snowblower Question
That requires 20 PTO HP. I think that the 2320 is only rated at 18 or so. Will this present a problem. I really wish that JD had something to remedy this problem.