Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota b3030

Default deere chainsaw mount

i use a saw regularly when using fel so i made a simple bracket to carry the saw.i cut a piece of 4x4" square tubing and mounted it to the loader. simple and works fine.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Default Re: deere chainsaw mount

Really awesome idea!!

I am looking to make a tool holder.

I may add this idea to that plan.

I also want to haul my brushcutter.

Do you like your Deere saw? I went orange with mine.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320

BTW - love the file name. Tractors do cost the same as some wedding dresses!!!!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2520, X475

IS that a Husqvarna painted green?
    JD 2520 --- FEL, I-Match, Frontier RC2460 Rotary Cutter, Pallet Forks, DR Brush Chipper, JD Ballast Box, 71 Flex Planter!

Tractor
    John Deere A, B, AR,50,70D,70D STD,2520

Great idea, I have similar needs. Tells us what you think of that cain saw. I have been using Stihl saws for 30 yrs.
    JD A, B, AR, 40T, 50, 60, 60std, 70D, 70D std, 70D, 80, 2520

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota b3030

i have had many saws. presently i have a dolmar ps3410th arborist saw, a stihl ms260 pro and just got the deere. deadman, it's made by efco (same as a 956). so far it's great. lotsa power for the weight. i mainly bought it because it was a good deal ( 285.00 including frt, new, on ebay) and orange clashes with green.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota b3030

a few more deere 2520 farkles. i made rear weight mount out of deere 990 frt weight mount and a drawbar. the dealer gave me the 990 mount. apparently they all have a mound as 790 and 990 comes with bracket and has to be removed if a loader is used. i put a ball mount on the bottom and chain hooks. in photo, i have 1 weight removed and bolted a ripper to it to dig a trench to bury a 1000 ft of wire for a underground electric fence. the rear worklight is an LED and is more than adaquate for my limited night work. the wire was already run by deere and is switched by master light switch. i tried something different on the bucket hooks this time. i always seemed to catch something on the chain hooks on previous rig. these are 5/16 and chain access can be from top or bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2305

Deere chainsaw mount...

Chainsaw-Holder.jpg

It's an 18" Poulan. Small, light duty, and slow to cut, but it consistantly starts on pull #5 and just keeps running. No sense in replacing it until it stops running. Especially since I no longer need to cut up firewood...

Quote Originally Posted by strokerduster
    a few more deere 2520 farkles. i made rear weight mount out of deere 990 frt weight mount and a drawbar. the dealer gave me the 990 mount. apparently they all have a mound as 790 and 990 comes with bracket and has to be removed if a loader is used. i put a ball mount on the bottom and chain hooks. in photo, i have 1 weight removed and bolted a ripper to it to dig a trench to bury a 1000 ft of wire for a underground electric fence. the rear worklight is an LED and is more than adaquate for my limited night work. the wire was already run by deere and is switched by master light switch. i tried something different on the bucket hooks this time. i always seemed to catch something on the chain hooks on previous rig. these are 5/16 and chain access can be from top or bottom.
    Hay that looks really good.
    I like when people make stuff.....

Chris...
    John Deere 2520 , R4's , 200CX loader with 61 inch bucket and JD Tooth Bar. And Markham 7 tooth. Tooth bar. 46 Backhoe with 16 inch bucket. with Custom made Street Flip pads off a 448 hoe. Foward work lights. Dual rear work lights. Heavy duty Alternator. I-Match , Ballast Box , Frontier BB2060 box blade , Frontier pallet Forks , JD 3 point reciever hitch. and soon A lot more.. and for grass cutting , John Deere GX 255 with 48 inch deck.

Tractor
    John Deere 3520

Quote Originally Posted by VABlue
    Deere chainsaw mount...

Chainsaw-Holder.jpg

I have one just like yours except it's on an iMatch mount in case I don't need the chainsaw that day
    Cheers,
    Paul_F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast