Rear hydraulics on a 2520

/ Rear hydraulics on a 2520 #1  

Mike5252

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2320
My 2520 does not currently have rear hydraulics. I am considering purchasing an attachment for the 3pt hitch that would require hydraulic connections (chute control on a snow blower).

How major of an undertaking is it to add rear hydraulics to a 2520? Is this something that I should be able to do myself? About how much would it cost to have a dealer add these?

Assuming I want to leave my FEL on, how would I control these rear hydraulics?

Thanks

/ Rear hydraulics on a 2520 #2  
Mike , i am fixing to do the same thing.
Look in the hydraulic forum. there is a few people that have added hydraulics to the 2520..;) alot of good info.
also do a search on KennyD's posts. he shows a step by step how to do it. when he did his.

Chris..:)

/ Rear hydraulics on a 2520 #3  
Mike, I had the dealer add rear hydraulic to my 2520 to operate the hydraulic cylinder on my trailer. The only problem is I have to disconnect a couple of the hoses to the loader. The rear hydraulics ia an option that can be added, although mine looks like an after thought. Cost was about $150.

/ Rear hydraulics on a 2520 #4  
Do you have Power Beyond? If so, you should be able to adapt a hydraulic valve to it. The hardest part seems to be matching the quickconnects, but you should be able to add a single spool valve for ~$100-150 (probably less if you, unlike me, know what you're doing).