Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD2520

Default A bit off topic .... Tractor modifications

While I was on you tube the other day I discovered a sport I knew nothing about. Tractor pulling.

There seems to be something that resembles a race car with small front wheels, large rear wheels and an engine that would be more at home on a runway. The front vehicle is pulling something that looks like it has a person onboard and some sort of tractor implement.

What on earth is this all about? Are they dragging some sort of implement through the dirt? If the front car really is a tractor, what sort of equipment would it pull around in a farm?

Has anyone ever modified their tractor or tractor engine?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K1DlFbKdnK8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K1DlFbKdnK8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

YouTube - Tractor Pulling 2007 F├╝chtorf

Elite Member

Default Re: A bit off topic .... Tractor modifications

You just 'now' noticed tractor pulls ?

Where you been ?, under a rock ?
    ::Sent from a standard desktop keyboard::

My Photobucket

Tractor
    Kub - 2K6, B7800

Quote Originally Posted by nails_n_glue
    While I was on you tube the other day I discovered a sport I knew nothing about. Tractor pulling.

There seems to be something that resembles a race car with small front wheels, large rear wheels and an engine that would be more at home on a runway. The front vehicle is pulling something that looks like it has a person onboard and some sort of tractor implement.

What on earth is this all about? Are they dragging some sort of implement through the dirt? If the front car really is a tractor, what sort of equipment would it pull around in a farm?

Has anyone ever modified their tractor or tractor engine?

YouTube - Tractor Pulling 2007 F&#195;&#188;chtorf
    Tractor pulls in the US is a big sport and a big business, as such.

They pull a weighted sled that progressivly increases the resistance with weight as the sled moves forward.
    ** Kubota **

Psalms 86
    John 1:12-13

Duraflap / Kaydenco not worth a hoot for service or products.

"Google" is a proper noun, not a verb.

If you mean what you say, then say what you mean, or just don't say anything

Wow , thay dont have Troctor pulls in Australia...
    here in US , its just like baceball and apple pie.....
    here thay have pulls with tractor and trucks. and even lawn tractors..

Chris....
    John Deere 2520 , R4's , 200CX loader with 61 inch bucket and JD Tooth Bar. And Markham 7 tooth. Tooth bar. 46 Backhoe with 16 inch bucket. with Custom made Street Flip pads off a 448 hoe. Foward work lights. Dual rear work lights. Heavy duty Alternator. I-Match , Ballast Box , Frontier BB2060 box blade , Frontier pallet Forks , JD 3 point reciever hitch. and soon A lot more.. and for grass cutting , John Deere GX 255 with 48 inch deck.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2305

Those machines aren't for use on the local farm. They are specially modified/built to pull the sled farther than the other tractor. The sled increases resistance as its pulled along - the farther it goes, the more resistance. They're fun to watch!

I wouldn't say they are anywhere near 'baseball and apple pie' in popularity. But at the county fair (carnival) they will attract thousands of spectators each night...

Quote Originally Posted by VABlue
    Those machines aren't for use on the local farm. They are specially modified/built to pull the sled farther than the other tractor. The sled increases resistance as its pulled along - the farther it goes, the more resistance. They're fun to watch!

I wouldn't say they are anywhere near 'baseball and apple pie' in popularity. But at the county fair (carnival) they will attract thousands of spectators each night...
    VA , down here in GA. tha'll take a good ole tractor pull over baceball
    any day.... Remember our necks are red as our dirt around here....

Chris....
    John Deere 2520 , R4's , 200CX loader with 61 inch bucket and JD Tooth Bar. And Markham 7 tooth. Tooth bar. 46 Backhoe with 16 inch bucket. with Custom made Street Flip pads off a 448 hoe. Foward work lights. Dual rear work lights. Heavy duty Alternator. I-Match , Ballast Box , Frontier BB2060 box blade , Frontier pallet Forks , JD 3 point reciever hitch. and soon A lot more.. and for grass cutting , John Deere GX 255 with 48 inch deck.

Tractor
    JD2520

Amazing!!!!!

Tractor
    John Deere!

Thats pretty cool, I don't think they do it in the UK though
    Jake

talking about baceball and tractor pulls. when the tractor pulls come usualy the monster trucks come to. thay have it at the GA dome. and it holds about 60000 people. and it is filled up . i know. i set on the 50 yard line...

and dont even get me started on when the mud boggs come to town.
    you give us a boggin hole , and we are in heaven.... we love mud. i use to have every kind of 4 wheeler there was. i got one of the first FWD 4wheelers made. but i got older and sold them all. i was not afrade of them. and i was going to get killed. so i sold them a few years ago.
    I think i am going to get me a yamaha rhino... I might not act to silly in one of those...

Chris....

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320

The spelling is "baseball".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast