Got my new Markham Tooth Bar mounted

/ Got my new Markham Tooth Bar mounted #1  

Chris2520

Platinum Member
Finally got time to mount the new Markham tooth bar. had them make it a little narrower than normal. i wanted to weld the gusset plates to the inside. 1/4 inch plates worked perfect. :) I thought the 1/2 inch plates thay sent was a little over kill. i wanted a clean look on the outside of the bucket. I did not use the bolts that came with it. i used the large grade 8 bolts from the big JD tooth bar. i have not even put it in the dirt yet. and i know i am going to like it much better. i got where it just slips off with ease. i had to pry the JD bar off and beat it on with a hammer. and it weighed a ton. way over kill. this one is heavy. but not to heavy to carry around. it looks well made. The JD bar only had 6 teeth. this one has 7 teeth. thay are a plesure to work with.
I think i am going to like it. here is a few pics.....;)

Chris....:)

Attachments

• 2007_0727_151630AA.JPG
    2007_0727_151630AA.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 960
  • 2007_0727_151706AA.JPG
    2007_0727_151706AA.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 798
  • 2007_0727_151721AA.JPG
    2007_0727_151721AA.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 915
   / Got my new Markham Tooth Bar mounted #2  
did you jus get this one because i remember in the pics you sent me you had one in there how did you like the other one and this one

/ Got my new Markham Tooth Bar mounted
crzysnake137 said:
did you jus get this one because i remember in the pics you sent me you had one in there how did you like the other one and this one

Yes i just got it..:) and yes i got another one made by JD it is to heavy. its to heavy for a 3000 seris. and it has 6 teeth. this one i have now has 7 and is easier to work with. i think i will like it better. the JD bar has teeth the size of a 963 Cat. way over built for compact tractors of any size...;)

/ Got my new Markham Tooth Bar mounted #4  
Chris, that new toothbar really looks good on there, and you did a great job with the install as usual. It looks much better matched to the loader than the JD one did.

ChuckinNH said:
Chris, that new toothbar really looks good on there, and you did a great job with the install as usual. It looks much better matched to the loader than the JD one did.

Thanks Chuck...:)
I agree , its a much better fit than the JD bar was. it looks like it should be on a compact tractor , and not a bulldozer...;)

/ Got my new Markham Tooth Bar mounted #6  
Chris2520 said:
the JD bar has teeth the size of a 963 Cat. way over built for compact tractors of any size...;)
Was that original a standard toothbar that JD makes specifically for your bucket... or just one the JD dealer came up with that happened to fit? :confused: Maybe a JD skidsteer toothbar???
ChuckinNH said:
I agree. Excellent installation job. Did you pay extra for an additional tooth? Or are 7 teeth standard in your size? :cool:

Dougster

/ Got my new Markham Tooth Bar mounted #7  
Chris,

This is the last pic we expect to see showroom shiny! Now go and get that toothbar dirty! :)

Dougster said:
Was that original a standard toothbar that JD makes specifically for your bucket... or just one the JD dealer came up with that happened to fit? :confused: Maybe a JD skidsteer toothbar???

I agree. Excellent installation job. Did you pay extra for an additional tooth? Or are 7 teeth standard in your size? :cool:

Dougster

Dougster , it is a JD toothbar for a 61 inch bucket. thay also make a 73. I do feel there for a skid steer. the bar is way over built. its more than you need on a 4000 seris compact tractor.

as for the markham. yes i paid 26$ more for the extra tooth. it puts the teeth closer together. i think it will help digging in hard ground. also the teeth are alot sharper. the JD teeth are very blunt. i feel it was made for something with alot more power than even a 40 Hp tractor...;)

JDFANATIC said:
Chris,

This is the last pic we expect to see showroom shiny! Now go and get that toothbar dirty! :)

JDF , this is why i took the picture today.
I know its never going to look that way again.....;)

Chris...:)

/ Got my new Markham Tooth Bar mounted #10  
Chris, I know you posted this before, where did you get your bucket hooks. JC