Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Got my new Markham Tooth Bar mounted

Finally got time to mount the new Markham tooth bar. had them make it a little narrower than normal. i wanted to weld the gusset plates to the inside. 1/4 inch plates worked perfect. I thought the 1/2 inch plates thay sent was a little over kill. i wanted a clean look on the outside of the bucket. I did not use the bolts that came with it. i used the large grade 8 bolts from the big JD tooth bar. i have not even put it in the dirt yet. and i know i am going to like it much better. i got where it just slips off with ease. i had to pry the JD bar off and beat it on with a hammer. and it weighed a ton. way over kill. this one is heavy. but not to heavy to carry around. it looks well made. The JD bar only had 6 teeth. this one has 7 teeth. thay are a plesure to work with.
    I think i am going to like it. here is a few pics.....

Chris....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Deere 2520 , R4's , 200CX loader with 61 inch bucket and JD Tooth Bar. And Markham 7 tooth. Tooth bar. 46 Backhoe with 16 inch bucket. with Custom made Street Flip pads off a 448 hoe. Foward work lights. Dual rear work lights. Heavy duty Alternator. I-Match , Ballast Box , Frontier BB2060 box blade , Frontier pallet Forks , JD 3 point reciever hitch. and soon A lot more.. and for grass cutting , John Deere GX 255 with 48 inch deck.

Tractor
    John Deere 125

Default Re: Got my new Markham Tooth Bar mounted

did you jus get this one because i remember in the pics you sent me you had one in there how did you like the other one and this one
    2006 John Deere 125 Riding Lawn Mower w/ 6.5 Bushel bagger, And 42" Deck. Soon To be- John Deere 2720 With 200cx,Imatch auto-hitch, Landscape Rake.Boxblade,roto tiller, 46 backhoe. Or One of those new Bobcat Ct225, or a Kioti Ck25HST. WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by crzysnake137
    did you jus get this one because i remember in the pics you sent me you had one in there how did you like the other one and this one
    Yes i just got it.. and yes i got another one made by JD it is to heavy. its to heavy for a 3000 seris. and it has 6 teeth. this one i have now has 7 and is easier to work with. i think i will like it better. the JD bar has teeth the size of a 963 Cat. way over built for compact tractors of any size...

Chris....
    John Deere 2520 , R4's , 200CX loader with 61 inch bucket and JD Tooth Bar. And Markham 7 tooth. Tooth bar. 46 Backhoe with 16 inch bucket. with Custom made Street Flip pads off a 448 hoe. Foward work lights. Dual rear work lights. Heavy duty Alternator. I-Match , Ballast Box , Frontier BB2060 box blade , Frontier pallet Forks , JD 3 point reciever hitch. and soon A lot more.. and for grass cutting , John Deere GX 255 with 48 inch deck.

Elite Member
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    (B2620, had BX22) Simplicity Legacy w/48" mmm

Chris, that new toothbar really looks good on there, and you did a great job with the install as usual. It looks much better matched to the loader than the JD one did.
    B2620,Loaded R-4's , Wallenstein BX42 chipper, Bush Hog SQ148 RC, 4' x 8' chain harrow, Blizzard 54" 3PT snowblower, Tirechains. com v-bar duo grip chains (hate them), Simplicity Legacy with 48"mmm, turbo collector, Country Line carry all, Countryline Middlebuster, Woods 48" BB, Kubota QA for loader, Kubota forks, Kuhn EL23 rototiller, and more to come...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckinNH
    Chris, that new toothbar really looks good on there, and you did a great job with the install as usual. It looks much better matched to the loader than the JD one did.
    Thanks Chuck...
    I agree , its a much better fit than the JD bar was. it looks like it should be on a compact tractor , and not a bulldozer...

Chris....

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2004 Mahindra 4110 w/509 BH

Quote Originally Posted by Chris2520
    the JD bar has teeth the size of a 963 Cat. way over built for compact tractors of any size...
    Was that original a standard toothbar that JD makes specifically for your bucket... or just one the JD dealer came up with that happened to fit? Maybe a JD skidsteer toothbar???
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckinNH
    I agree. Excellent installation job. Did you pay extra for an additional tooth? Or are 7 teeth standard in your size?

Dougster

Tractor
    JD 2210

Chris,

This is the last pic we expect to see showroom shiny! Now go and get that toothbar dirty!
    Cheers!

JDFANATIC

JD2210, 62" MMM, 210 FEL, 48" York Rake, 46" Snowthrower, loaded turfs, PTO Spreader, Heated Cab, Plug Aerator, FIMCO Sprayer, Folding Rops

Quote Originally Posted by Dougster
    Was that original a standard toothbar that JD makes specifically for your bucket... or just one the JD dealer came up with that happened to fit? Maybe a JD skidsteer toothbar???

I agree. Excellent installation job. Did you pay extra for an additional tooth? Or are 7 teeth standard in your size?

Dougster
    Dougster , it is a JD toothbar for a 61 inch bucket. thay also make a 73. I do feel there for a skid steer. the bar is way over built. its more than you need on a 4000 seris compact tractor.

as for the markham. yes i paid 26$ more for the extra tooth. it puts the teeth closer together. i think it will help digging in hard ground. also the teeth are alot sharper. the JD teeth are very blunt. i feel it was made for something with alot more power than even a 40 Hp tractor...

Chris....

Quote Originally Posted by JDFANATIC
    Chris,

This is the last pic we expect to see showroom shiny! Now go and get that toothbar dirty!
    JDF , this is why i took the picture today.
    I know its never going to look that way again.....

Chris...

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 2520

Chris, I know you posted this before, where did you get your bucket hooks. JC
    JD 3320 LX5, KK rake and off brand box and rear blade. Millonzi grapple. Deere X495 for grass cutting.
    01 Ram 4x4 2500 CTD and 22' 12k trailer. Want a tiller and dump trailer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast