5000 series

/ 5000 series #1  

Farmwithjunk

Tractor
Where do I begin.....
There's a guy over on Mahindra forum claiming ALL 5000 series Deere's are made in India. I'm fairly certain that's not right. I know the 5003 series is made in India. Not sure where the rest are built. Would like to know. Anyone have correct info?

/ 5000 series #2  
I think the majority of the 5000 line was built in Germany along with the 6000 line. I am not sure now if that is still true but it doesn't really matter as his point was about how state and local goverments were suppose to buy 100% USA products in this global economy:rolleyes:

/ 5000 series #4  
Another source for country of origin is the Nebraska tests...

/ 5000 series #5  
Mine was built in Augusta, Georgia...

/ 5000 series
bjcsc said:
Mine was built in Augusta, Georgia...

Thanks. Just found (via link in above post) Tractorlink info on 5000 series. Got a Mahindra fan (on Mahindra forum) who claims Deere builds all the 5000 series in India just like Mahindra. Fact is, a large part of Mahindras current line isn't even built there. Mitsubshi (Japan) builds a few. Some are built in S. Korea, Some in China. Not that ANY of that is a determining factor in quality, but I like to keep facts straight.

/ 5000 series #8  
Farmwithjunk said:
Not that ANY of that is a determining factor in quality, but I like to keep facts straight.

I'll agree with that...chances are the parts for any tractor are made all over the world and then collected and assembled in the place they say they're from...

/ 5000 series #9  
your 5003 series is in india. the 5005 series was either built, or put together in the Agusta Ga plant. your 5025 series i THINK is also in GA, but again not sure. i AM sure that the 5003 series is the only one JD builds in India due to the fact thats where their original market for that tractor series started. your 6000 series is German and Europe built i think. i do believe that the 7000 series is in Europe though.

/ 5000 series #10  
The small frame 7000 series I think is built in Europe but the large frame 7000 series is built in the US.