FLIPPED OVER 4115

/ FLIPPED OVER 4115 #1  

HURLEYSLAWNCARE

2 DAYS AGO I HAD A DELIVERY OF TOPSOIL AT A JOB. WHEN THEY WERE DUMPING THE LOAD THE BACK TAILGATE OF THE TRIAXLE CAUGHT MY BACKHOE AND FLIPPED IT OVER. I DID NOT SEE HOW THEY RIGHTED IT BUT TOLD THE DRIVER TRIED TO START IT WHEN IT WAS FLIPPED OVER. THE SUBFRAM AND PARTS OF THE BACKHOE WERE DAMAGED ARE THEY ANYTHING ELSE THAT COULD BE DAMAGED OR HIDDEN FROM IT BEING FLIPPED OVER

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
MATT

/ FLIPPED OVER 4115 #2  
HURLEYSLAWNCARE said:
2 DAYS AGO I HAD A DELIVERY OF TOPSOIL AT A JOB. WHEN THEY WERE DUMPING THE LOAD THE BACK TAILGATE OF THE TRIAXLE CAUGHT MY BACKHOE AND FLIPPED IT OVER. I DID NOT SEE HOW THEY RIGHTED IT BUT TOLD THE DRIVER TRIED TO START IT WHEN IT WAS FLIPPED OVER. THE SUBFRAM AND PARTS OF THE BACKHOE WERE DAMAGED ARE THEY ANYTHING ELSE THAT COULD BE DAMAGED OR HIDDEN FROM IT BEING FLIPPED OVER

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
MATT

If the subframe was damaged, it's possible the subframe mounting points (on the tractor) were damaged too.
Also, you wrote they tried to start it...did it start? And, it was on it's side when the driver tried to start it (which was pretty stupid!)??
If it started, does the 'hoe function properly?

I wouldn't do any work with that machine until you've thoroughly checked it out. Right now, you may have an insurance claim. If you operate the tractor, the insurance company my deny any claims.

/ FLIPPED OVER 4115 #3  
I'll echo what Roy said - call your insurance before doing anything! Also, get the truck operators insurance info because they are ones responsible. Once insurance is notified, have the machine completely checked out by your dealer before using it. You don't want to find out something is damaged when you have the hoe under stress and a part breaks off. You could end up with a flying bolt, or worse...

/ FLIPPED OVER 4115 #4  
same here, let the insurance firm's adjuster check it out

/ FLIPPED OVER 4115 #5  
First the MORAN, knocked it over !!! Then he tried starting it while it was on it's side ? Next time I'm driving down the road and a tri-axel dump truck gets close I'm just going to drive into the ditch !! I'll probably be safer !!