Tractor
    JD 3520

Default Hydro shift question

I have a 3520 with hydro 300cx and do a lot of digging. Currently I'm digging out the floor for the 40x60 shop. Anyway I usually have to dig in 4 wheel drive and with the hydro in range A to break up the packed hard ground inside the shop and my dirt pile is 200 yards away so I have to shift to b range on the hydro to get better speed. Will this do damage with all the shifting on the hydro?

One more question on this site I notice most everyone promotes the HD bucket on the cx loaders has any ever bent a standard bucket? Or even had an issue with a standard bucket?

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455AWS

Default Re: Hydro shift question

Shifting through the ranges will not harm a thing (as long as the tractor is stopped of course), that's what the ranges are for.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

#BoltOnHooks

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain and Rigging Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components, and MUCH more!

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    JD 3520

On flat level ground without a load shifting ranges is simple, but when you add a heavy load and unlevel ground shifting is a whole lot more difficult.

Tractor
    JD 4310,JD5420

My dirtpile was only about 100 feet away.

I would load up my FEL and pull a box blade full over to the dirtpile at the same time.

Is your barn on a hillside? Why are you digging down instead of bringing in compactable base? Just asking cuz I had to bring in about $500 worth of compactable base and sand to pour my 30x40 slab. Is your dirt bad to build on?
    Over-worrying about something is like putting a down payment on trouble.