4100 rear hydraulics?

/ 4100 rear hydraulics? #1  

Cdash

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4100
Anybody add rear hydraulics to a 4100? I've been wanting to do this, but 2 things slow me down. One is the cost of the JD kit, the other is the cost the dealer quotes for install. I can get around #2 and do it myself, but #1?

I think it should be fairly easy to make your own "kit" and make the plumbing, but I am thinking of those past projects where I sit there in the middle of a "Mess" and think, "Man, I should have just spent the money"

Anyone have experiences to share?

/ 4100 rear hydraulics? #2  
Share? You bet. You know we all like to share. See the "Customization" section (under General Forums), and read the thread called "hydraulic valve options" originally started by a PaulT. There are a lot of 4100-specific posts in there, thanks to my prying and pleading, and thanks to DFB's expert guidance. Pictures too, of DFB's work and my own, if only my camera wasn't such a piece of sh*t they'd be better pictures. This attachment may wet your appetite...

Attachments

• 10-117300-MAR_0032.jpg
    10-117300-MAR_0032.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 568
   / 4100 rear hydraulics? #3  
Hey, somehow I missed that; thanks for the lead. I'm putting that under "favorites" right now /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Here's the link:
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=custom&Number=65437&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>hydraulic valve options</A>

p.s.- man, do I feel stupid. I hit the "add to favorites" and it came back with an "already in your favorites" error /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif. Knew I liked that thread /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif.

/ 4100 rear hydraulics?
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for and a lot more than I expected. It's all there except for the labor, and actual parts. Should be a cake walk when I decide to do it.

/ 4100 rear hydraulics? #5  
By the way, you seem to have a grasp on the JD prices. What would they have charged me for two more valves added to the 4100?

/ 4100 rear hydraulics?
I don't actually recall now, I believe that it was in the neighborhood of $275 for the kit (now I am not so sure if that was new rear remotes or the tap into the front remotes kit) and like another $250 to $350 for install. Talk about sticker shock!!! But, I guess that is the same thing that happens every time I walk into the dealer with an idea.

/ 4100 rear hydraulics? #7  
The <A target="_blank" HREF=http://configurator.johndeere.com>JD product configurator</A> lists all the available kits and prices for the 4xxx tractors.

There is the Power Beyond Kit (BM19290) Its $200.00. For the 4100, 4110 and 4115 tractors.

There is also a Rear Hydraulic Outlet Kit listed for each of the models.

LVBM19707 is for the 4100 @ $155.00.

This "kit" puts 4 outlets at the rear of the tractor and is connected by long hoses to the DSCV front outlets. The setup markcg2000 is using on his 790 is like that.

LVB25362 for the 4110 & 4115 is $240.00

LVB25319 for the 4010 is $240.00 also.

I haven't seen any part breakdowns for the new models yet. I have to wonder how the price difference is justified. Maybe they include additional components in them than the 4100. Then again maybe not.

DFB