3000-20 cab upgrade

/ 3000-20 cab upgrade #1  

KennedyDiesel

Veteran Member
Has anybody upgraded from a 3000-20 non cab to cab model and regretted it?

I keep struggling with the idea of upgrading. Having a cab would be awesome for climate control and dust, but I'm just afraid that I'll give up too much versatility. I like the ability to go most anywhere I like and I don't want to make a mistake. Can't justify two units and they aren't convertible so...

/ 3000-20 cab upgrade
Nobody?

OK, how about this question. Anybody with a cab regret going this route for lack of mobility? I use my Harley rake a lot and I like to hear it from the operator station. I'm sure I could fell it from inside a cab, but I'm worried about scrubbing the cab off on trees when I go in the woods...

/ 3000-20 cab upgrade #3  
After having an open station tractor, then going to a nice factory cab, hmmm... Nope.... I'll always have a machine with a factory cab from now on!

/ 3000-20 cab upgrade #4  
Well you do want to be very careful in the woods. The glass is darn expensive to replace.

However, Blowing snow in a shirt when it's 10 degrees or below zero or mowing in comfort when it's 90 plus out will make a beliver out of you in a hurry. You are more than willing to look out for branches.

/ 3000-20 cab upgrade #5  
I think the the rule of thumb for a cab pends on the amount of snow one has to move in the winter? I sure wish I had a cab!

PC050001_1_1_1.JPG

/ 3000-20 cab upgrade #6  
wippster said:
I think the the rule of thumb for a cab pends on the amount of snow one has to move in the winter? I sure wish I had a cab!

View attachment 85334

Gee that seems to qualify you for a cab pretty easily with the Family Court doesn't it?

/ 3000-20 cab upgrade #7  
Kenny diesel, Your main concern is clearence in the woods/ around trees with a cab. The cab's on a Kubota are 3-4" shorter than the ROPS modles. If your ROP's aren't hitting anything now, the cab willn"t. You also mentioned you like to hear your 3/pt. equipment operate. Most cab modles have rear and side windows, and side vents, that can be opened slightly or fully to hear your attachments operate. My cab tractor impressed/spoiled me so much that I sold my trail gator and puchased a RTV 1100. [ cab and air/heat]. Good Luck!Frank P.S. I still own a J.Deere LX 288, J.D push mower, 4 J.D. hats and a J.D. T-shirt so I hope I can still post here?

/ 3000-20 cab upgrade #8  
Hi:

I upgrade from a 3320 open tractor to a 3720 cab and love it. The cab's are lower than the rops so if you don't have to fold your rops you won't have a height problem.

The only thing I'll say is that when you are hooking up implements you have to keep opening up the door to adjust the rockshaft, etc. Not a big deal. It also makes impossible my one person using the bucket as a lift with a long stick to control the dual scv valve... ;O) should never do that anyway.

/ 3000-20 cab upgrade
orlo said:
Hi:

I upgrade from a 3320 open tractor to a 3720 cab and love it. The cab's are lower than the rops so if you don't have to fold your rops you won't have a height problem.

The only thing I'll say is that when you are hooking up implements you have to keep opening up the door to adjust the rockshaft, etc. Not a big deal. It also makes impossible my one person using the bucket as a lift with a long stick to control the dual scv valve... ;O) should never do that anyway.

How tall is your rig floor to cab top? Which tires?

/ 3000-20 cab upgrade
OK, so I have one here on demo. I like the cab itelf, but the layout really sucks.

The ignition switch and park brake release are nice

The loader joystick is way too stubby, stiff, and vague compares to the open station unit. This is a big point for a guy using the loader. interesting how most other brands also use a stubby stick.

The pto selector is very vague, especially when going for the front pto.

The range selector is also quite vague. Granted the open station unit could use some "gates" to help stop in N or B, but this one is also worse in my opinion.

The 4x4 engage on the dash is so so. A lot of lever travel for a simple function.

The rockshaft control is out of this world poor. Very tight to move, and such a short range of travel. I like having the long travel slot so I can feather the rockshaft when using my Harley rake etc. I don't see this happening smoothly here.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Deere took a machine that was designed as open station unit, and apparently added a bunch of complicated linkages to relocate the controls.

One thing I did notice for the better is that the loader (300x on the demo) settles much slower than mine. I have not yet located the Motion Match controls to see how I can get them to work better, but the hydro at this point responds much less aggressively to acceleration input.

I'm going to have to take a serious look at the Jodale Perry cab setup.