Max Weight on 3PT hitch

/ Max Weight on 3PT hitch #1  

Nuru

Elite Member
Anyone/Everyone; what is the maximum amount of weight that is recommeded for the 3PT with a Dirt Scoop on it? 500lbs, 800lbs, 1000lbs?

Thanks

/ Max Weight on 3PT hitch #2  
tm2.gif

<font color=blue>...what is the maximum amount of weight that is recommeded for the 3PT...</font color=blue>

Well Nuru...

You may have the only "Turbo Charged 4100"... but your 3-point hitch is only rated for 930 lbs....

So subtract the weight of the Dirt scoop implement from 930 and the results are the max dirt you can carry... depending of course how much front weights you also have mounted... otherwise how are you gonna steer with the front wheels up in the air...?

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Max Weight on 3PT hitch #3  
I think there's a distribution statement in the recommendations, also. Something like 24 inches behind the lift arm pivots or something to that effect. It matters how much you're lifting and it also matters how the weight is located. Further back is more stress, I guess. Anybody want to clear this up a little>?

/ Max Weight on 3PT hitch #4  
RE:

--
how are you gonna steer with the front wheels up in the air...?
--

Thats what the independent brake pedals are for, right?

/ Max Weight on 3PT hitch #5  
Jim,

Twenty-five years ago, in college, I could pick up a full beer keg and carry through a crowd to the ice trough on my dorm floor. I had to keep the weight pretty close to vertical with the lift point (my broad and well-muscled shoulders, of course /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif). I never had much luck carrying that keg with my arms extended straight out in front of me.

Beer keg physics can help explain weight distribution its relationship to distance from the fulcrum or lift point. I wonder if my old physics prof would give me another chance on that final....

/ Max Weight on 3PT hitch #6  
<font color=blue>...Something like 24 inches behind the lift arm pivots or something to that effect. It matters how much you're lifting and it also matters how the weight is located. ...</font color=blue>

Yes...yes...yes... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif to all the above...

I think we need Dick and Patrick to jump in here with the engineering formula's... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Without having the tractor and implement at my disposal for testing purposes... how much front weight do you think needs to be added to carry the 657 lbs. 15 oz. of payload - 24" beyond the lift arms...? /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

{assuming a 30" wide-standard KingKutter carry-all that weighs 272 lbs...}

...and which weight ratio definition on a MFWD would you like to use...? 40/60... 45/55... ?

...on a 1565 lb. total weight tractor...? /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Max Weight on 3PT hitch #7  
I see in my spec chart 930 lbs at 24 inches behind for the 4100 but it does not give one at center so pulling out my Kubota manual it shows 1300 lbs at 24 inches and 1655 at center so using that as a comparison then your 4100 ought to be able to lift approx 1230 lbs at center. I think the dirt scoops balance more nearly the center so I am guessing that minus the weight of the implement would be your lift capacity. (disclaimer--Kubota comparison used for extrapolation puposes only--not to start a mine is bigger/better argument etc.)
Loader, Loader, loader, loader, loader, loader, loader, imagine a calm green field with a beutiful green tractor and a nice new loader, you are feeling free, feeling wonderful, your mind is at ease, when I clap my hands you will be rested and relaxed and go forth to yon JD dealer and purchase a new loader-----clap---clap, and you can blame it on me.
J

/ Max Weight on 3PT hitch #8  
<font color=blue>...Loader, Loader, loader, loader, loader, loader, loader, imagine a calm green field with a beutiful green tractor and a nice new loader, you are feeling free, feeling wonderful, your mind is at ease, when I clap my hands you will be rested and relaxed and go forth to yon JD dealer and purchase a new loader-----clap---clap, and you can blame it on me....</font color=blue>

J.... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

If he buys a loader now... I want you to talk to my wife about something... /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Max Weight on 3PT hitch
Thanks John, I am looking at a 170 - 180 dirt scoop (36" wide, carries 12 cubic ft of material), so 650 - 700lbs is what I will use. Turbo at some date in the future maybe.

Thanks

/ Max Weight on 3PT hitch
Loader - 2500. dirt scoop $300, hmmm, Hydraulic Dirt Scoop - $500. Hmmmm. Loader, Dirt Scoop, Loader, Dirt Scoop, Loader, Dirt Scoop, Loader, Dirt Scoop, Loader, Dirt Scoop, Loader, Dirt Scoop, Loader, Dirt Scoop, Loader, Dirt Scoop,

Used Loader?