I Broke the PTO on my 2305

/ I Broke the PTO on my 2305 #11  
You must have an issue with the length of your shaft. growing up on a farm and living and ag country I have not ever even heard of a sudden implement stop gernading the pto case? All tractors must be able to handle there own power (HP). Farmers with 30+ implements do they check each slip clutch ever year nope. When the implement dead locks the machine kills even at 200HP.

other examples: A farmer is chopping corn and chopping drum which spins at 10K RPM and the bearing goes and drum hits the stripper bar dead locking the implement, which kills the tractor. Even 300HP combines kill when they get pluged solid. The point is could you possiblly imagine how mant dead tractor or at least gernaded pto case there would be around the country side if this was common. Farmers would have to by dozens per year if each the tractor kill with pto stoppage. How would a tractor ever hit 10 years old before going to the rock pile/ boneyard.

/ I Broke the PTO on my 2305 #12  
wippster said:
You must have an issue with the length of your shaft. growing up on a farm and living and ag country I have not ever even heard of a sudden implement stop gernading the pto case? All tractors must be able to handle there own power (HP). Farmers with 30+ implements do they check each slip clutch ever year nope. When the implement dead locks the machine kills even at 200HP.

other examples: A farmer is chopping corn and chopping drum which spins at 10K RPM and the bearing goes and drum hits the stripper bar dead locking the implement, which kills the tractor. Even 300HP combines kill when they get pluged solid. The point is could you possiblly imagine how mant dead tractor or at least gernaded pto case there would be around the country side if this was common. Farmers would have to by dozens per year if each the tractor kill with pto stoppage. How would a tractor ever hit 10 years old before going to the rock pile/ boneyard.

Im with you. The internal PTO clutch should slip before damage occurs to any part of PTO or tractor. I had one instance where the PTO on a new [to me] tractor slipped with an ubrupt overload but didnt stall engine.:eek: I was awake and caught it in about 1sec. Still works fine.
larry

/ I Broke the PTO on my 2305 #13  
In my case with the 2240.. it was a 'long shaft' issue and pushed the pto stub back and popped split rings and then took out a few hundred dolalrs of other parts...

soundguy