Power Reverser

/ Power Reverser #1  

cowboydoc

Tractor
JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer
Any of you guys with the power reverser ever jump in your pickup after working on your tractor and grab the blinker switch and push it to go in reverse? I did it again this morning. I have done it a few times after being on the tractor. LOL /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Power Reverser #2  
<font color=blue>...grab the blinker switch and push it to go in reverse...</font color=blue>

Richard...

How long did you sit there waiting for your truck to move in reverse... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I would like Power Reverser... but isn't offered on the X05 series... but for a few thousand more {like ~ $4-5K} I could of had it... with less horsepower.../w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Power Reverser #3  
Richard, I did that all the time. After 8 or more hours on a tractor, I was doing a lot of things that weren't on my truck. The power reverser is to JD what shuttle shift is to most of the other brand names. I think it is one of the greatest improvements to the manual transmission to have ever come along. Rat...

/ Power Reverser #4  
I know it doesn't have anything to do with a tractor, but I used to drive a city bus for a living. One day my wife and I were driving along in our personal vehicle, and I pulled up to a bus stop where a lady was standing. I looked to my right (why the heck aren't the doors opening/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif??), and my wife, who was riding shotgun, just opened the window and said to the lady..."don't mind him, he's just having a senior moment. The bus will be along in a few minutes." /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif She always complained that it took us 15 minutes longer to get anywhere because I would always follow the bus routes out of habit! Guess it goes to show you - when you love your work, it never really leaves ya! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

/ Power Reverser #5  
This kinda goes along with your story but as you know I just my got 4710 with the power reverser and I forget that when you let off of the foot throttle it doesnt stop like the hydro did. Yep that tree I backed into is gone now.lol/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Cliff

/ Power Reverser #6  
Haven't done that..but jump from a truck w/a standard transmission to a pick up w/a automatic transmission,and thought I had to down shift for a steep grade,only to have my left push on the brake pedal quick, /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif and 9 times out of 10 the coffee got slop around. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Power Reverser
/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Yep done that one too Thomas!!

/ Power Reverser #8  
Cowboydoc

Switching between my truck and car is what gets me. The wiper switch on the truck is on the turn signal. On the car that's the headlights. You know, you can twist and push on that all day long and the windshield doesn't get any cleaner. The sad part it it usually takes me a couple of swipes to realize what I'm doing.

SHF

/ Power Reverser #9  
Cliff,

Hope you didn't hurt that 4710 so soon after you got it while taking out that tree. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Power Reverser #10  
CowBoyDoc,

Yep, I'll grab the truck's turn signal, push it forward and then wait and wonder
we ain't going anywhere..... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Later....
Dan