JD 4310 temp guage not working

/ JD 4310 temp guage not working #1  

KDOregon

Does anyone know where the wires to the temperature sensor are located on the JD 4310. Just got on my machine today and the guage is stuck on the low end pin, does not move even slightly. I'm thinking the wire is disconnected or broken - as my Gator problem of last weekend was due to critters chewing thru the wires.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

/ JD 4310 temp guage not working #2  
There are several approaches to take when diagnosing your problem.

1.) Look in your owner's manual for the location and identification of the fuse box. Find the fuse for the temp gauge. Check fuse. Identifiy color coding of wiring. Trace wiring to the guage in the instrument cluster. Check wiring. Use voltmeter to check gauge.

2.) Look in your owner's manual for the location and identification of the fuse box. Find the fuse for the temp sensor. Check fuse. Identify the color coding of the wiring. Trace wiring to front of engine to the water pump. Color code of wiring to the sensor located in proximity to the water pump should match the wiring at the fuse box. Check wiring. Use voltmeter to check the sensor.

Good luck.

AKfish

/ JD 4310 temp guage not working #3  
There are several approaches to take when diagnosing your problem.

This is true, first if all your other gauges work then you have power to the insterment cluster which feeds all the gauges. on this tractor if you find the single wire that hooks up to the sender located on the thermostat housing. Turn the key on then install a test light between the wire and a good ground it should give some resistants and make the gauge move. If it dosen't but you get a low voltage light on your test light you will need to replace you insterment cluster as they are not seperate replaceable gauges. If you don't have low voltage to the wire you will need to chase the wiring to find the open in your wire. If you can get your dealer to print you a wiring diagram it would help as JD color codes and numbers there wires.