200CX Loader

/ 200CX Loader #1  

Yseesee

I have the 200CX front end loader installed on my 2520. The other day I noticed the bucket level indicator was really loose. I looked at the 15/16 nut that holds the level indicator in place and it appeared it wasn't tight enough. I didn't see any treads showing it almost looked like it was about ready to fall off. I took a looked at the nut on the other side and there were 3 or 4 threads showing. I knew the nut on the level indicator wasn't going to allow that many threads to show but I figured one or two maybe. I decided I could snug it up a bit. I tried to tighten it with a 1/2" drive ratchet but it didn't move at all. I decided to get the 18" - 1/2" drive breaker bar. That did the trick alright! I spun the end of the pin off in a heartbeat! The indicator fell on the ground and so did a few washers. I couldn't believe I just did what I did. Now, this 2520 only has 42 hours on it and I just broke it. I looked up the price of the replacement pin and it was a bit over $30.00! :mad:

Long story short... When working on something that you're not familiar with, always check the owner manual. THEY MAKE TOURQUE VALUES FOR A REASON!!

/ 200CX Loader #2  
When going over my 2520 at 10 hours re-tourqueing everything, I noticed the same thing about the level indicator. Took a good look at it, and figured it was supposed to be loose like that for ease of movement.

Before spending $30 on that pin - take a look at the price for the whole bucked level indicator. I just looked it up - $41 for the whole thing.

/ 200CX Loader
I don't think the indicator includes the pin does it?? The pin that was originally on the tractor had a shoulder on it which didn't allowed the nut not to tighten any further. The replacement pin has threads all the way down. I was able to tighten the nut all the way up to the three washers that act as a bushing. The indicator can still pivots properly and it's actually better now than it was. Oh, by the way the Dealer said I didn't have to pay for the new one!! :D

Last edited: