Fertilizer Spreader

/ Fertilizer Spreader #1  

Piedmont

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2520
Does anyone know of a spreader that will work with Imatch? Looking for something in the 250lb range.

/ Fertilizer Spreader #2  
I've been in the market for one and been lokking for exactly the same thing and I can't find any that are iMatch compatible. Even the Frontier ones from JD aren't iMatch compatible! Looks like I'll be going with a Herd spreader/seeder. The M-96 is the one recommended for CUT's and it's light enough that it's shouldn't be too difficult to put on the 3PH.

/ Fertilizer Spreader #3  
How hard would it be to make it fit???

/ Fertilizer Spreader #4  
I don't think it will be that hard, but I'll have to wait until I have it to see how things measure up. I think that extending the toplink pin enough for the iMatch hook to engage may do it but I don't know yet.

/ Fertilizer Spreader
Loogie said:
I've been in the market for one and been lokking for exactly the same thing and I can't find any that are iMatch compatible. Even the Frontier ones from JD aren't iMatch compatible! Looks like I'll be going with a Herd spreader/seeder. The M-96 is the one recommended for CUT's and it's light enough that it's shouldn't be too difficult to put on the 3PH.
Loogie thanks I had never heard of herdseeder it looks like a great option. I'm sure mayor is right some slight modifications should do the trick. But like you I do find it a bit ironic that the Deere model (Frontier) doesn't even fit.

/ Fertilizer Spreader #6  
PICT0321.jpg

Used steel tubing to extend the attaching ends to make it more q-hitch friendly. Nothing difficult about it... :)

/ Fertilizer Spreader #7  
Shawk,
Was it just the width of the lift pins that were the issue? Didn you have to do anything with the top link so the iMatch hook could get under it? Could you take some more pic's of the mount? I'd really like to see your solution in greater detail.

/ Fertilizer Spreader #8  
Loogie said:
Shawk,
Was it just the width of the lift pins that were the issue? Didn you have to do anything with the top link so the iMatch hook could get under it? Could you take some more pic's of the mount? I'd really like to see your solution in greater detail.

Hey Loogie... yes it was just a matter of extending the outside pins. I had no idea it wasn't i-Match compatible until I got it home. I didn't sweat it though. I went to the local farm store (Blaines) and found some steel tubing (by the angle iron) that would slide over the spreader pins... Take a peak at my pics and ask questions if you have them.
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobuckethttp://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/shawk00/

/ Fertilizer Spreader #9  
Those were perfect, Thanks!

/ Fertilizer Spreader #10  
Loogie said:
Those were perfect, Thanks!

Great Loogie... glad I could be a little helpful.

All the best...