200CX FEL Weight and Trailer Question

/ 200CX FEL Weight and Trailer Question #1  

mntrails

Tractor
JD 2305, Mitsubishi/Satoh S370D, JD X590
I'm trying to figure out if a 2305, FEL, Tiller, and box blade will fit on a 6-1/2' X 12' flatbed aluminum trailer with a GVW of 3000 lbs. The trailer weighs approx. 550 lbs.
I have the following weights from specs:
- 2305 - 1450 lbs.
- Tiller - 321 lbs.
- Box Blade - 275 lbs.

If the 200CX FEL is 400 lbs or less, I should be ok. Does anyone know the weight of it?

/ 200CX FEL Weight and Trailer Question #2  
614 lb per JD's "Compact Tractor Implements" brochure.

/ 200CX FEL Weight and Trailer Question #3  
Not sure of the weight guessing 500-600lbs with bucket, but I think your pushing your luck with that setup. The 12' length will not allow you to adjust the position of the machine for optimal tongue weight and balance over what I assume is a single axle? Does it have brakes? What is the tow vehicle?

I would not want to risk my tractor, trailer, and truck on a setup that was just pounds inside being "in spec" But this IS MY OPINION, and it just may be worth what your paid for it:D

/ 200CX FEL Weight and Trailer Question #4  
The JD Tractor Implement brochure that I have shows the weight for the loader alone as 614lbs. Then whatever the bucket is add to that.

/ 200CX FEL Weight and Trailer Question
Thanks for the figures. I prefer some margin as well. At 614 lbs, I'm going to have to cut back and take two trips. Fortunately I don't need to move the FEL much, perhaps just once or twice a year. Most of the time, I'll just have the 2305 and mower on when trailering. As you might imagine, a new trailer isn't in the near-term plan.

/ 200CX FEL Weight and Trailer Question #6  
Hello , I have a 6 1/2 X 12 steel trailer with 28" sides and a 3000# axle and I haul my 2305 with the 62C , Fel and tiller all of the time , the only problem is the total length , I have to dismount the tiller and haul it up front under the Fel. I think you will be Fine!

Sorry I just Realized that you said GVW of 3000 , You are pushing the limit!

Attachments

• 159_5999.JPG
    159_5999.JPG
    351 KB · Views: 499
   / 200CX FEL Weight and Trailer Question
dmg, thanks for the picture. I can see how the 12' length would be a tad bit short with the FEL on.

I'm curious though why virtually any single axle trailer, aluminum or steel, wouldn't be over its recommended weight limit with a 2305, FEL and an implement or two?

All the single axle trailers I've seen usually have a GVWR of either 3000 lbs or 3500 lbs. From my experience, this is typically driven by the axle rating. Steel trailers usually weigh in the 900 - 1100 lb range. Keeping it simple and assuming 1000 lb weight, that leaves a net payload weight of 2000 - 2500 lbs.

That would indicate to me that the proper trailer for an FEL equiped 2305 is a dual axle with brakes. Does that sound right to everyone out there? Thanks!

/ 200CX FEL Weight and Trailer Question #8  
That's what I would say. The trailer weight must be taken into account when determining load weights because the axel is what carries that load. A 3000# rated axel under a 1000# trailer can only safely carry 2000# of load. And that assumes you have the proper tires (in good condition) on the axel! I prefer to stay a little lean of max rated loads because the trailer will tend to sway some as the load increases.

/ 200CX FEL Weight and Trailer Question #9  
Hi:

The loader is 560lbs (I'm not sure this includes the POST mounts). and the 53" bucket is 180lbs. I wouldn't do it. Also, are your tires loaded? What about your Ballast block? My little 2305 with the loader and deck on it weights over 3000lbs, probably maybe 3300 including the Canopy (1450 + 200[loaded tires] + 560 [loader] + 180[bucket] + 700 [ballast block or BH] = 3090. The deck would add another 200 and the canopy probably adds 50.

Also, what is the trailer for? You mentioned aluminum, is it a sknomobile trailer? If so there are other considerations. Is the floor plywood?

I have a 6000# gvw (3600lbs net) 22' inside, 30' outside enclosed snowmobile trailer that I was going to use for my 2305 with the rops folded (Femco ROPS), but after talking with the trailer mfg (mainly about re-inforcing the the ramp door) I decided not to. The Tractor will concentrate a lot of weight over the wheels and it won't be distributed well on the floor of an aluminum trailer (if it's meant for lighter things) - it might damage the floor or worse poke a wheel through the floor. (My floor had 2' centers on the aluminum cross members so the little wheels on the 2305 could have easily have poked through the plywood).

Instead I bought a 18' 10,000lb tandem axle steel trailer. I figured I had room to grow and it gives me space with the 2305 to throw on a couple of implements also.

Now that I have the 3720 I'm glad I did, I'll need the weight and the length.

/ 200CX FEL Weight and Trailer Question #10  
I think the trailer would probably carry the weight adequately, but I would definitely have some safety concerns with trailering a tractor on any single axle trailer. It might be alright if you were not going further than 5 miles or so and never had to drive faster than 45 mph. But I would never put that kind of load on a single axle trailer, then get on the highway and drive 55 or more miles per hour. If you have a blow out, you would have some controlability issues.

Just my two cents worth.