4310 Quick attach FEL

/ 4310 Quick attach FEL #1  

mscheer772

Silver Member
Tractor
4310 JD 2003
My right arm on the 430 loader releases way before the left. So if I have my grapple attached, and go to take it off the right arm releases, but the left arm is still attached. The dealer says that's normal. HUH. "Since the fluid to the left has to travel further, it's normal for the right arm to release way before the left." I'm not sure he's correct. Can anyone help me?

-Mike-

/ 4310 Quick attach FEL #2  
I seem to recall the motion being roughly equal until I dented the line going to the left cylinder. Then the left cylinder barely moved until the right had stroked out. New line ($50) and the guard from the rental package ($50) and all is good.
I would suggest looking for a dented, kinked, or obstructed line or hose on the slow side, especially if you're having the same problem with other attachments.

/ 4310 Quick attach FEL #3  
Also check the bar that runs between the 2 shoes/arms. There is a small pin that ties it to the shoes, and it's easily sheared.

/ 4310 Quick attach FEL
Kennyd,

You were correct, the pin on the left arm had sheared.

Thanks!!!!

-Mike-

/ 4310 Quick attach FEL #5  
mscheer772 said:
Kennyd,

You were correct, the pin on the left arm had sheared.

Thanks!!!!

-Mike-

FANTASTICK:D
I just love a 50 cent fix!

/ 4310 Quick attach FEL #6  
I seem to recall the motion being roughly equal until I dented the line going to the left cylinder. Then the left cylinder barely moved until the right had stroked out. New line ($50) and the guard from the rental package ($50) and all is good.
I would suggest looking for a dented, kinked, or obstructed line or hose on the slow side, especially if you're having the same problem with other attachments.

What is this guard you mention? Something to protect the lines on the bucket?

/ 4310 Quick attach FEL #7  
Note: This thread is over 7 yrs old.
And I'm not aware of a guard, but am interested in a pic of it.

/ 4310 Quick attach FEL #8  
JD used to offer a "rental package" that included a lock-out for the C-Range, and various skid plates for the 4x00 and 4x10 series. Its all NLA now unless you can find some NOS at a dealer somewhere, remember these tractors are getting up in age!