Default John Deere 4000 ten series hydro

Is there any major differences in the new JD 4000 ten series,other than being electronicaly controlled? Such a difference in the tranny design itself?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD425 lawn tractor; JD4710 CUT; JD JX75 Walk Behind

Default Re: John Deere 4000 ten series hydro

Scott,

All I can tell you is what a local dealer told me. He said the new eHydro trannies are adaptations of Hydro trannies from the big JD ag tractors that JD has used successfully for several years. They simply 'retrofitted' (whatever that means) them for the 4000 series. He did say they ARE NOT completely new designs that JD created for the 4000 series. This relieved my fears somewhat as I hate to think of 'bugs' that'll have to be worked out of these so soon after I get mine. We'll see though. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Bob Ancar
    Cambridge, NY

Default Re: John Deere 4000 ten series hydro

The transmissions are basically the same of the older 4000 series that have been built for several years. The new hydro is a scaled down design to incorporate the new electronic features the ten series has