Can the FEL be adjusted for level?

/ Can the FEL be adjusted for level? #1  

skidoo

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 2520, JD X749, JD110TLB
Is there any significance if on a flat concrete, if I slowly lower the FEL, the left side of the bucket touches while the right side is still perhaps a half inch higher. Can this be adjusted?

/ Can the FEL be adjusted for level? #2  
skidoo said:
Is there any significance if on a flat concrete, if I slowly lower the FEL, the left side of the bucket touches while the right side is still perhaps a half inch higher. Can this be adjusted?

I dont think so. it sounds like you have teaked the loader or sprung the bucket. I see it on Bobcats all the time. but it can be fixed. just hook a chain to something really heavy on the side that is to high. and gently bounce it on the corner and it will tweak it back straght again. this is how we use to fix the bobcats. I have a chain that runs from both my hooks on each side of my bucket. with a hook in the center. i never lift on the corners.
as to try not to tweak my loader arms...;)
Though we sometimes forget. i am bad about doing thing with the loader
i should not do. and luckily i have not hurt it. I think sometimes we forget there tractors and not bulldozers. even though i admit at times
i have used mine as one....:D

Chris.....:)

/ Can the FEL be adjusted for level? #3  
As Chris said, it's not a big deal, especially if it's only a 1/2". But you you should check the air in all your tires...uneven pressure can cause this also.

/ Can the FEL be adjusted for level? #4  
I had this same problem with my 3520.

Check the air pressure. Make sure it is the same.
Make sure the loader arms are mounted evenly.
Make sure the loader arms are centered from left to right (adjustment bolts on the loader arms at the point closest to the tractor seat on the 300CX)
I ultimately ended up lifting the tractor off the ground 6 inches for about 15 seconds with the bucket, which fixed the problem.