Snow 2305 Snow Plow

/ 2305 Snow Plow #1  

impnst8

Tractor
JD 2305
I just priced a plow for my 2305, as I always end up digging up the driveway with the FEL during snow removal. Local dealer was $1,295.00, plus install. Does this seem about right? Seems expensive, but guy said that with the mounting frame, that's what it costs. I do have an independent lift for my MMM, but I guess that's not what raises the plow. Anyone with info. on the plow, please fill me in. Thanks.

/ 2305 Snow Plow #2  
I bought mine for $1,100 plus tax last December.

/ 2305 Snow Plow #3  
Indy lift is for the cutting deck only - to separate it from the 3ph lift arms. It plugs into the FEL valve, as do the plow hydraulics.

Anyone know why you can't just QA a plow to the FEL QA plate? Is the FEL not strong enough to handle simple snow removal tasks? If not, why do many people use it for that? Seems weird that a light duty QA plow doesn't exist. Or does it... ??

/ 2305 Snow Plow #4  
Ok, I have been trying to figure out what a QA Plate is. Must be the attaching point for the bucket, but can't figure out QA for anything:confused: . HELP

/ 2305 Snow Plow #6  
hi,

i currently have a 2305 with FEL ( approx 1.5 years) and for 15 years previous to this I had a 445 with front hydraulic plow which is the same one your looking at for the 2305.

I live in southwestern ontario, canada and we get a fair bit of snow in the winter.

there is no question that using a front blade is quicker, and leaves a nice clean job when clearing snow. also, a nice option to have the spring loaded blade that folds forward if you hit something.

on the other hand when you have lots of snow it is really nice to be able to pile it up out of the way with the FEL.

I personally use the FEL now and have not opted to spring for the $1,200 front blade on this tractor. do you drop your bucket into the "float" position when cleaning snow. If so there is no downward hydraulic pressure and it should not dig into anything when you are puching, it will simply float along as you are pushing and ride up over anything you hit. I had a heck of a time clenaing snow with the FEL until I discovered the float position. when you are dropping your bucket down push the joystick all the forward until you feel it click and the hydraulics will be off and simply the weight of the buckt will puch it down. be careful when doing this the first couple of times until you ge tthe hang of it so it doesnt drop to hard on the surface.

for the amount of snow we get hear using the float on the FEL works great and still gives me the option to pile up snow when we get lots. it also saves buying another piece of equipment that has limited use.

not sure if it will work for you but give it a try.

thanks...

/ 2305 Snow Plow #7  
At $1,295 looks like he is charging full retail. Using the JD configurator, I come up with $1,273. I have a Honda 6522 with 60" power angle blade. The blade is a bit larger than MF or JD, but the Quick Attach hitch is identical (same patent #'s etc) to the hitch used for a Massey GC23XX.

The QA clamps to the bracket that could be / is used for front weights. In my case, required dimensions are 13" wide x 5" high x 1/4" approx thick. I've been looking at various JD CUT's and taken a few measurements. I think this setup (from my Honda) could be mounted on 2305 / 2320 / 2520 / 3x20 with very little or no modification. On some of the models the plate is not quite 13 x 5. If necessary a 13 x 5 plate could be made and bolted to the existing weight mount bracket. Height from the ground doesn't seem to be an issue with the plate on any of the listed models. The same QA hitch is used for the Blade / Broom / Snowblower

My point is you are not necessarily limited to a new JD product. Depending on your location and access to other dealers, you might find SOB blade / QA plate that would fit. Control lines should couple on and use the current loader scv for control.

/ 2305 Snow Plow #8  
VABlue said:
Anyone know why you can't just QA a plow to the FEL QA plate? Is the FEL not strong enough to handle simple snow removal tasks? If not, why do many people use it for that? Seems weird that a light duty QA plow doesn't exist. Or does it... ??

There are lots of these setups around-from homemade to manufactured ones like CURTIS. I built one a few years ago, but sold it when I got a good deal on a #380 blade.

/ 2305 Snow Plow #9  
BigD9 said:
Ok, I have been trying to figure out what a QA Plate is. Must be the attaching point for the bucket, but can't figure out QA for anything:confused: . HELP

Big D,
QA just stands for Quick Attach.