Silver Member

Default Engine block heater / coolant heater & high-capacity alternator

So I ordered both of these heaters (coolant heater and block heater) with my tractor (2320) but I only see one plug. Did I get ripped off? What is the difference between these two?

Also, how do I know if I have the high-capacity alternator I ordered?

thanks.

Tractor
    JD 2520

Default Re: Engine block heater / coolant heater & high-capacity alternator

To me, a block heater is a coolant heater.....but....

I don't know how deere does this on the 2320 - my 2210 and 2520 just took the block heater.

A coolant heater I've seen on some larger equipment is a seperate unit that has a circulating pump and small tank on it - the coolant is circulated through this unit. You would see a separate unit with coolant lines going to and from it.

I think I would question the dealer for sure.

One other possibility - maybe you also got a transmission heater?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2007 JD 2520

A block heater is a coolant heater and the plug is on the left side of the engine on my 2520. I also have a hydraulic transmission heater and the plug is back by the PTO. So - two plugs for two different heaters. Hope that helps, Brad
    2007 JD 2520 R4 Loaded / 200cx -61" HD Bucket with tooth bar / Frontier RC 1048 Cutter / Frontier LR 1072 / iMatch

Silver Member

AHHHHHH, i figured it out

for the 2320 there's a block heater adapter, and a coolant heater. the coolant heater requires the adapter. I didn't clue in to the word 'adapter'.

On the deere site, the 2520 lists a Transmission Oil Heater as an accessory, but the 2320 does not show one.