Engine block heater / coolant heater & high-capacity alternator

/ Engine block heater / coolant heater & high-capacity alternator #1  

Phunge

Silver Member
So I ordered both of these heaters (coolant heater and block heater) with my tractor (2320) but I only see one plug. Did I get ripped off? What is the difference between these two?

Also, how do I know if I have the high-capacity alternator I ordered?

thanks.

/ Engine block heater / coolant heater & high-capacity alternator #2  
To me, a block heater is a coolant heater.....but....

I don't know how Deere does this on the 2320 - my 2210 and 2520 just took the block heater.

A coolant heater I've seen on some larger equipment is a seperate unit that has a circulating pump and small tank on it - the coolant is circulated through this unit. You would see a separate unit with coolant lines going to and from it.

I think I would question the dealer for sure.

One other possibility - maybe you also got a transmission heater?

/ Engine block heater / coolant heater & high-capacity alternator #3  
A block heater is a coolant heater and the plug is on the left side of the engine on my 2520. I also have a hydraulic transmission heater and the plug is back by the PTO. So - two plugs for two different heaters. Hope that helps, Brad

/ Engine block heater / coolant heater & high-capacity alternator
AHHHHHH, i figured it out

for the 2320 there's a block heater adapter, and a coolant heater. the coolant heater requires the adapter. I didn't clue in to the word 'adapter'.

On the deere site, the 2520 lists a Transmission Oil Heater as an accessory, but the 2320 does not show one.

/ Engine block heater / coolant heater & high-capacity alternator #5  
When I ordered my 4300HST I requested both the coolant and transmission heater. I found that the coolant heater cord ju8st gave me the plug sticking out from a engine panel. A very tight fit and hard to reach. The tranny heater was sticking out of the lowest point of my differential with the cord dangling in the snow.....Not impressed with either system.
Now I have one plug sticking out of the rad that feeds a rad heater, battery heater, and block (coolant) heater.

/ Engine block heater / coolant heater & high-capacity alternator #6  
When did you order your 4300 ?