New JD skid steer loaders: 313 & 315

/ New JD skid steer loaders: 313 & 315 #1  

EquipmentJunkie

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4052R
I was at the GIE / Expo show in Louisville last week and saw that Deere has two, new skid steer loaders. They are radial boom designs and not the vertical lift style.

I found it interesting that Deere is building two, entry-level machines at the smaller end of the skid steer market. I assume the loaders are tailored for landscapers, garden centers, and ag use. These loaders are the first radial lift Deere skid steer loaders in this operating capacity since the Mustang-built loaders over 25 years ago. The price I was quoted was about $21,000 for the 315,while a vertical lift 317 is about $24,000. I was told that the 315 & 317 loaders share something like 90% of the same parts.

Sure enough, when I returned from Louisville, I found the product announcement on Deere's website: Two New Skid Steers Designed to Save Time, Money

I must be honest, while the new skid steers looked easy to work on, the rest of the machine looked like a step backwards. In person, the overall design looked crude, not up to usual Deere standards...especially toward the rear of the machine. In fact, I asked where the new loaders were made. I assumed India. Nope, Dubuque.

Has anybody driven one, yet? How do they handle?

/ New JD skid steer loaders: 313 & 315 #2  
They look like typical lower cost entry level skid steers. Basic machines. Same machine with a little more weight in the bigger model for increased lift.