Snow Does anyone have a 2305 with the Curtis Snow Blade that attaches to the loader arms?

/ Does anyone have a 2305 with the Curtis Snow Blade that attaches to the loader arms? #1  

stuarth

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2670
Does anyone have a 2305 or a 2320 with the Curtis Snow Blade that attaches to the loader arms with the power angle setup? I am very interested in purchasing one but wanted to see some pictures of it installed and also hear how well you like it and how well it works. Thanks, Stu

/ Does anyone have a 2305 with the Curtis Snow Blade that attaches to the loader arms? #2  
Re: Does anyone have a 2305 with the Curtis Snow Blade that attaches to the loader arms?

I do not have the Curtis model, but I did have a homemade one (by me) that I used on my 4110 for 3 years...I will give you my opinion if you want it...:D

The FEL plows makes the tractor very long, and hard to maneuver in smaller places-of which I had some to do. That plow stick out further than the bucket, especially when it was angled.

MANY times, when the snow was wet, I would not be able to steer without the use of the split brakes, which the 2305 does not have. And if to much snow got in front of the blade, the front wheels would come up off the ground and the back wheels would just spin. I also think the 2305 is several hundred pounds lighter that my 4110 is.

This past summer I sold the FEL plow to a fellow with a 990...and I bought a older 380 plow from the x55 series tractors-man that thing is built! there is nothing light duty about it!

To sum it up, I do not think the FEL blade is a good match for the 2305, due to the weight and the lack of steering brakes.

Please accept this as my opinion only-based on my experiences alone.

/ Does anyone have a 2305 with the Curtis Snow Blade that attaches to the loader arms?
Re: Does anyone have a 2305 with the Curtis Snow Blade that attaches to the loader arms?

Kennyd, thank you for the information you have provided. Stu

/ Does anyone have a 2305 with the Curtis Snow Blade that attaches to the loader arms? #4  

One problem with the loader mounted blades is IF you happen to strike something solid with the blade all that torque gets transfered to the loader arms and ends up bending or twisting the loader. The loader mounted blades work fine for light duty snow plowing, but the frame mounted blades are far better. Just my 2 cents worth.

Sincerely, Dirt

/ Does anyone have a 2305 with the Curtis Snow Blade that attaches to the loader arms? #5  

dirtworksequip said:
One problem with the loader mounted blades is IF you happen to strike something solid with the blade all that torque gets transfered to the loader arms and ends up bending or twisting the loader. The loader mounted blades work fine for light duty snow plowing, but the frame mounted blades are far better. Just my 2 cents worth.

Sincerely, Dirt

This is only true if the trip springs are not functioning properly.

/ Does anyone have a 2305 with the Curtis Snow Blade that attaches to the loader arms? #6  

I plowed with my 4310 last year and I had to get used to that boom attachment. I did scratch up my driveway a bit, and so this year I plan to get a rubber blade and try that out this year. Hopefully that will alleviate the gouging/scratching effect.

/ Does anyone have a 2305 with the Curtis Snow Blade that attaches to the loader arms? #7  

kennyd said:
I do not have the Curtis model, but I did have a homemade one (by me) that I used on my 4110 for 3 years...I will give you my opinion if you want it...:D

The FEL plows makes the tractor very long, and hard to maneuver in smaller places-of which I had some to do. That plow stick out further than the bucket, especially when it was angled.

MANY times, when the snow was wet, I would not be able to steer without the use of the split brakes, which the 2305 does not have. And if to much snow got in front of the blade, the front wheels would come up off the ground and the back wheels would just spin. I also think the 2305 is several hundred pounds lighter that my 4110 is.

This past summer I sold the FEL plow to a fellow with a 990...and I bought a older 380 plow from the x55 series tractors-man that thing is built! there is nothing light duty about it!

To sum it up, I do not think the FEL blade is a good match for the 2305, due to the weight and the lack of steering brakes.

Please accept this as my opinion only-based on my experiences alone.
I had a 380 blade on my JD755, and I agree it was very heavy duty. The only problem was it was a real pain to put the sub frame on and remove the FEL mounts. I ended up selling it because of the hassle. The FEL and a rear mounted blade worked well together.

/ Does anyone have a 2305 with the Curtis Snow Blade that attaches to the loader arms? #8  

Yourkie said:
I had a 380 blade on my JD755, and I agree it was very heavy duty. The only problem was it was a real pain to put the sub frame on and remove the FEL mounts. I ended up selling it because of the hassle. The FEL and a rear mounted blade worked well together.

I re-worked the sub-frame to fit my 4110. In doing so I can leave the FEL mounts in place:D I made it pretty much "quick-attach" like the newer 390 blades, no bolts at all! Just two small pins at the rear of the sub-frame and one long pine at the front where the normal QA mounts to.

/ Does anyone have a 2305 with the Curtis Snow Blade that attaches to the loader arms?

Thanks for all the postings and suggestions. I was told by Curtis - Tractor Cabs, Canopies, Sunshades, Equipment covers, Snow & Ice Control Equipment that they sell a ton of these loader mounted snow blades and I would relly like to see one hooked up on a 200cx FEL. What a dream that would be to pull two pins and quick attach to the blade and hook up two hoses. It seems to me for the price $2000 for the blade and the mounts for the 200cx at $300 seem like a lot and I would want to see one before ordering it. I know some welding is required and the hoses would be extra.

Here is a picture of the curtis loader from there website, i hope it comes out okay.

Attachments

• loader_02.jpg
    loader_02.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 612