Oil & Fuel Oil Pan Heater

/ Oil Pan Heater #1  

yellowbird

I have a 2210 that I would like to install oilpan heater made by Pro Heat Products. You stick it to the bottom of the pan once it is clean.
Does anyone have any experience with this product?

/ Oil Pan Heater #2  
   / Oil Pan Heater #3  
yellowbird said:
I have a 2210 that I would like to install oilpan heater made by Pro Heat Products. You stick it to the bottom of the pan once it is clean.
Does anyone have any experience with this product?
I have tried the Katz magnetic heater. It will work great if you remember to take it off before using the tractor. I just unplugged mine the first time I used it. Fortunately I had the cord zip tied to the loader hoses because when I parked the tractor I found the pan heater hanging by the cord. I still have the mag heater but don't use it. I went with the inline lower hose heater also made by Katz. You drain the radiator and cut out a small section of the lower hose then clamp in the inline heater with hose clamps, refill and zip tie the cord. This keeps the engine coolant at a nice 140 deg. making for easy starts.
I drape the extension cord through the steering wheel before plugging in my lower hose heater. That way I don't drive off without unplugging. (Don't ask me how I know this)

/ Oil Pan Heater #4  
I wanted to use the magnetic heater to warm the hydostat, then I realized it was made of aluminum. :O I have a block heater in my 2210, it starts like a 90 degree summer day no matter how cold it is.