300X Hydralic question

/ 300X Hydralic question #1  

GreatWhitehunter

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
Last night I had the bucket off my 3320 and noticed then went to the dump position that the two cylinders weren't in time with each other. They're linked togther so I'm a bit confused on the cause. I looked for a pinched hose but didn't find anything. Could there be air in the lines? Any insight would be good as the warranty just ran out and this would be out of pocket expense.

Thanks
Matt T.:D

Last edited:
   / 300X Hydralic question #2  
I have had my 4710 for a month now and I noticed the same thing when my bucket was off for painting. You should find that you can move them a little by hand to line them up when you reattach the bucket. I have no idea why they do that but my loader still works great. You may have to make sure the bucket is in the "float position"

swhite

/ 300X Hydralic question #4  
There is some movement between the "shoes" (part #10 in the pic), but it's also not uncommon to sheer the pins (#9) that goes into the tie-rod (#8) that connects the two sides.

Hope this helps...:D

Attachments

• 300x.gif
    300x.gif
    22.3 KB · Views: 173
   / 300X Hydralic question #5  
Whew!

I guess, in loaders, as in life, it's perfectly normal for one side to hang just a little lower than the other...

Mine does the same thing (loader that is! :D), but until today I was wondering if it was normal, and why I noticed no ill effects if it wasn't...

It's the top brackets of the QA we're talking about here though, not the arms moving independently of one another--correct? The cylinders aren't exactly in synch on the stroke when not attached to the same plane.

Maybe flow hits one port sooner or??? Someone out here has the answer I suspect...;)

/ 300X Hydralic question #6  
All my tractors have done this when I've had the bucket off. It is completly normal. I don't think you would ever get exact synchronization from the two cylinders if they are not bound together. I believe the fluid is going to go to whatever cylinder has the least resistance, weather it be the closest cylinder, or the cylinder that has the better grease on the linkage it is connected to. Don't worry it is completly normal. I've always noticed this whenever I've taken off any of my buckets on any of my previous tractors. My Father-In Law's Kubota does the same thing too, because he asked me why it does that when he has his bucket off.

/ 300X Hydralic question #7  
JasonMac said:
All my tractors have done this when I've had the bucket off. It is completly normal. I don't think you would ever get exact synchronization from the two cylinders if they are not bound together. I believe the fluid is going to go to whatever cylinder has the least resistance, weather it be the closest cylinder, or the cylinder that has the better grease on the linkage it is connected to. Don't worry it is completly normal. I've always noticed this whenever I've taken off any of my buckets on any of my previous tractors. My Father-In Law's Kubota does the same thing too, because he asked me why it does that when he has his bucket off.

I think JasonMac hit it on the head. The QA on my 3520 does that every time I change attachments on the front. I have always thought that it had to do with the pressure being different between the two cylinders when there was no load on them. But it is not something to be concerned about. Just the nature of the thing. :)

/ 300X Hydralic question #8  
Mine has been synced for 3 years. Luck of the draw then? I own the 300X as well.