2305 Snowblower PTO Driveshaft

/ 2305 Snowblower PTO Driveshaft #1  

camillit

Bronze Member
I "ASSume" that the end of the driveshaft that "extends" goes towrads the front of the 2305, and the other end connects onto the PTO. Am I right?
I can't find anything in the books that define this installation. If I am right, boy oh boy, does that "extending" portion stick out FAR out of the driveshaft tube! Yes, it is a new tractor with my former 47" JD snowblower that was on my 425.

/ 2305 Snowblower PTO Driveshaft
JUST FOUND THIS ON THE INTERNET:

Re: 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From LVU14264 J2, Product Services Information, Installation Instructions, Front PTO Kit:
NOTE: This kit uses a telescoping drive shaft. The smaller, inner shaft connects to the front PTO drive assembly, the larger, outer shaft connects to the transaxle shaft.IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! The spring collars on the PTO drive shaft must lock in position on transaxle shaft and drive assembly shaft.

>It is possible to install the driveshaft "backwards" i.e., wrong end forward
>It is also possible to install the driveshaft w/o the couplers securely locked

From OMM147922 J2, Operator's Manual, Snowblower for 2210 Compact Utility Tractor, 47-Inch:
NOTE: For optimum performance, align attachment driveshaft yoke with mid-to-front PTO driveshaft yoke as shown.
(Sorry, I don't have any way to attach the diagram)

>When you slide the blower driveshaft coupler onto the PTO shaft, the yoke of the driveshaft should be in the same plane as the yoke on the PTO shaft. You can rotate the attachment shaft by hand until it's "lined-up" before coupling to the PTO shaft.

>Like saselker said, it's hard to put into words, but I tried.

/ 2305 Snowblower PTO Driveshaft #3  
Hey! I recognize that post (mine ;)) from a thread about noise/vibration from last year around this time. Yeah, the smaller diameter goes forward, and it does matter if all the universals are in phase. (The yokes on the universals should be lined up, symetrical.)

/ 2305 Snowblower PTO Driveshaft #4  
Hey Fleetwood PA. I live near Allentown.

/ 2305 Snowblower PTO Driveshaft
I listened to your post.....and I connected symetrical. I am surprised how quiet and vibration free it is. Of course the Curtis cab helps...but it is really quiet compared to when it was on my gasoline 425.....