Grading 47" blower on quick hitch for 54" blade???

/ 47" blower on quick hitch for 54" blade??? #1  

Phunge

Silver Member
I have the 54" quick hitch blade for my 2320. If I wanted to purchase the 47" snowblower, will it go on the same quick hitch? My quick-hitch has hydraulic angle, which I guess would need to be replaced with a non-angling part, and the hydraulic for the snowblower chute angle used instead?

If I could quickly switch between blade for small snowfalls, and blower for when we really get dumped on, using the same quick-hitch, I would probably buy the blower too.

/ 47" blower on quick hitch for 54" blade??? #2  
It's the same hitch. I think if I remember right there is just a pin that goes in the swivel mount to keep the hitch straight if you don't have a cylinder. You might even be able to use it with the cylinder in place (just not connected).

You'll hook up one hydraulic circuit for the hitch lift, and the other for the Snowblower chute rotation.

/ 47" blower on quick hitch for 54" blade??? #3  
Phunge said:
I have the 54" quick hitch blade for my 2320. If I wanted to purchase the 47" snowblower, will it go on the same quick hitch? My quick-hitch has hydraulic angle, which I guess would need to be replaced with a non-angling part, and the hydraulic for the snowblower chute angle used instead?

If I could quickly switch between blade for small snowfalls, and blower for when we really get dumped on, using the same quick-hitch, I would probably buy the blower too.

Yes, you can use the same hitch. You currently have 2 hydraulics to move your blade. The angle hydraulic will be removed and you'll use a locking pin to secure the hitch/snowblower to a stationary position. The hydraulic for the chute is provided on the snowblower itself (under the little black panel on top the blower).
Yes, you can switch back... but I can tell you that as someone who used to LOVE my blade, I would never switch the blower off for the blade (unless I had a rock drive). The blower clears the drive as quick or quicker than a blade. The only time I take my blower off is to put the FEL on to break up ice after an ice storm. The blowers are every bit as good as advertised... ;)

/ 47" blower on quick hitch for 54" blade???
Thanks guys, I will have to price out the blower now...

/ 47" blower on quick hitch for 54" blade??? #6  
I have both the 47 blower and 54 blade on my 4100.

You will need some additional drive shaft parts for the blower in addition to the blower itself, but the front quick-hitch is the same.

I totally disagree with the other poster regarding using blower preferred over blade. Unless you plan to get a cab or live where there is no wind, using the blower is an exercise in keeping your face warm in a blizzard.

A friend of mine was just asking about buying the blower from me, and I didn't sell it, so I AM glad I have it, but have not thought about using it for the last two 6" snowfalls we have had.

- Rick

/ 47" blower on quick hitch for 54" blade??? #7  
Not going to argue either way whether a snowblower or blade is better but here is my perspective. This is the first winter in our new home and for our 2320. I was trying to save money and thought that I would try and make it through the season jsut using the FEL to move the snow. Not going to happen, made this decision after our first good snowfall. We have a driveway that is just over a 1/4 mile and it just wouldn't cut it. But I definately saw the need for it to move snow around in certain areas. So we made the decision to buy a rear mount 50" blower. Let me tell you this thing rocks. I use the FEL near the garage and the little parking paddock we have but use the snowblower to clear the main driveway. I like having both of them attached and at my disposal.

Yes as far as the chute goes if your aren't paying attention it can turn you into an INSTANT SNOWMAN. But as long as you pay attention and the wind stays at one direction it hasn't been a problem. The main benefit I saw is that after a month or so of heavy snow I won't have to deal with places to push the snow. I'll just keep shooting it into the woods and pasting it to the trees.

I got a great deal on the blower from a local dealer that sells buhler and if anyone wants it here is the

link...Allied Snowblowers - Buhler Industries Inc.

Anywho...happy holidays and enjoy the winter...:D

/ 47" blower on quick hitch for 54" blade??? #8  
keeney said:
I have both the 47 blower and 54 blade on my 4100.

You will need some additional drive shaft parts for the blower in addition to the blower itself, but the front quick-hitch is the same.

I totally disagree with the other poster regarding using blower preferred over blade. Unless you plan to get a cab or live where there is no wind, using the blower is an exercise in keeping your face warm in a blizzard.

A friend of mine was just asking about buying the blower from me, and I didn't sell it, so I AM glad I have it, but have not thought about using it for the last two 6" snowfalls we have had.

- Rick

How dare you dissagree... :D :D
You keep the snow out of your face by adjusting the chute to blow the same direction as the wind... no problems here.:D

/ 47" blower on quick hitch for 54" blade??? #9  
In regards to keeping snow of fyour face:

My driveway has only one good direction to blow the snow - South-West. The house and garage wrap it on the North/West sides, the neighbors drive is fairly close and parallel along the South, and blowing the snow off the East end into the road seems a bit impolite.

Guess which way the wind mostly blows from?

From the postings, it seems that people with wide open area to blow the snow in any direction with the wind really like snowblowers. Also people with cabs really like snowblowers. People with confined space to put the snow and no cab prefer to keep our faces warm!

- Rick

/ 47" blower on quick hitch for 54" blade??? #10  
I have done it both ways. I switch to the snowblower and yes sir you can become a snowman in a hurry. Then I thought, I need a cab. So I came in from one of those cold trips up and down the driveway clearing snow(450ft) and put my cold hands on my wife. She said something like what the he## is wrong with you....wear your gloves. I proceeded to tell her I was but it still gets real cold out there. Then the next day it snowed again, I repeated my cold hand demonstration to my wife. She said, if it's that cold go get a cab or something....I don't think she got that sentence all the way out and I ran out the door, slamed the truck door and was down the driveway before she changed her mind...... ordered the cab, and have since done my driveway in a polo shirt and jeans and she doesn't get the cold hands!